Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #1

Sink Covers

Hey all. I recently bought a Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler and the sink covers didn't come in the unit. I checked with the dealer and they said there were none there when they got the trailer, so they must not be included.... I have read on the forums that most people got sink covers with their Shockwave's though....

Any clue how I go about getting ahold of Forest River so I can get my dang sink covers? I looked in the "contact us" section but they seem to hide the phone number and email address.

Thanks.
WR450rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #2

I had the same thing told to me.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Explorer

I am planning to take my sink covers out and remake them with cutting baord material. So at some point in the next year I will have an extra set, I'll take some picks and look for a modle number on the sink.
But you could make a good templet out of cardboard/paper and have TapPlastics cut something out for you.
Good luck
I'll post again
John
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #4

I didn't get sink covers with my Shockwave either
700hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #5

Sink covers did not come with our camper, but I had a cutting board that fit perfectly over 1 sink. This works great. Leaves 1 sink for use.
choice spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #6

I made my own, went to Walmart bought 2 cutting boards, made a template out of cardboard and ten transferred that to the cutting boards. A scroll saw and router and I was done. Not 100% perfect but for under $20. It works great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3201139509.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	21294
Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #7

chewie those look pretty good........ really good job; you might be able to sell those and make some money........
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #8

Dealers will do that to you. Mine came without sink covers or the hard spare tire cover that matches the rest of the camper trim. The tire cover was actually shown in the dealer's web page picture of the camper I bought, but at delivery he said that was just a representative photo: translated as bait and switch. I ended up paying an extra $100 for the matching tire cover. Can't remember but probably paid a similar amount for the sink covers. All had to be ordered from the factory.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Dealers will do that to you. Mine came without sink covers or the hard spare tire cover that matches the rest of the camper trim. The tire cover was actually shown in the dealer's web page picture of the camper I bought, but at delivery he said that was just a representative photo: translated as bait and switch. I ended up paying an extra $100 for the matching tire cover. Can't remember but probably paid a similar amount for the sink covers. All had to be ordered from the factory.
I would wonder if the ones he sold you didn't come with it ? Either way it's a good heads up for buyers to confirm that theirs will come with those items before signing on the dotted line ! Jim
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Explorer

re-posting

I posted before but I finaly got around to do this Mod. This is the link http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-34123.html
And if this sink looks like yours I have a cheapy set of covers for sale.
good luck
John
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote