Old 06-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
If we stop at a rest stop to eat lunch we will extend the slide long enough to get things out of the frig and then retract it. Never stayed at a Walmart as there have always been a campground close or we drive til we find one. Just don't think it's right, but a lot of folks do, so I guess it's ok as long as the Walmart mgr gives his permission.
Walmart in NB Canada is now frowning on over night parkers. They generally wait until about 3 am and knock on the door telling you that you have 1/2 to clear out,

The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar3316 View Post
Wow thanks I am sure the list is correct but I know some listed in CA as "no overnight" do accept night time lay overs. I guess at that point its "at your own risk" parking.

Just goes to show you it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch
Lets do it right. Before we park our rigs go in to the store ask for the manager or asst. mgr. ask if they allow parking and where you can park on the lot. Always clean up your area and don't forget to clean up after Fido, after all we are guests, Don't forget to stock up on anything you might need.

Lets not give our friends at Walmart heartburn. Lets be appreciative. Most I have been very nice when asked for permission.

Rick

Old 06-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
Sligo Sweetie

We always slide ours out at rest stops and even at gas stations (only if space allows). Would not recommend leaving it out all the way while overnighting at WalMart. Just a reminder, slideout operates on ur truck battery, therefore, will operate slower than when plugged to electricity.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
We've stayed a few nights at WalMart parking lots while driving late and leaving out early the next morning and have always 1) asked for permission; 2) opened the slides; 3) cleaned up after our dog and 4) parked precisely where the store manager asked us to park at the far edge of the parking lot.

One night we were on a WalMart lot and kept hearing what sounded like lawn mowers running all night long.

We had a new pup, and she "got the urge" about 2:30 so I grabbed a flashlight and took her out to a grassy area.

While I was out there with her, I saw a man coming toward me. Not being accustomed to having strangers approach me on a WalMart parking lot during the wee hours, I started casually walking back to the trailer.

He asked if that was our rig...and I confirmed. He asked if we could move it up about 50 feet so they could finish striping the parking lot. Sure enough...I looked around and the entire parking lot had been re-striped except the area right immediately adjacent to our rig.

I told him thanks for not jarring us out of bed...sorry he had to wait, but moved the rig and within 30 minutes they had completed their task and left for the night.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Another rat in the race

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Lets do it right. Before we park our rigs go in to the store ask for the manager or asst. mgr. ask if they allow parking and where you can park on the lot. Always clean up your area and don't forget to clean up after Fido, after all we are guests, Don't forget to stock up on anything you might need.

Lets not give our friends at Walmart heartburn. Lets be appreciative. Most I have been very nice when asked for permission.

Rick
It never crossed my mind that some people wouldn't ask.

I was just insinuating that the management was turning a blind eye to ordinances or company directives regarding security. My wife and I have always tried to live our lives with 2 rules in mind, leave places cleaner/better than you found them and if someone gives you a stick make sure not to poke them with it.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar3316 View Post
It never crossed my mind that some people wouldn't ask.

I was just insinuating that the management was turning a blind eye to ordinances or company directives regarding security. My wife and I have always tried to live our lives with 2 rules in mind, leave places cleaner/better than you found them and if someone gives you a stick make sure not to poke them with it.
X-2 On your remarks I agree whole hardheartedly. My comments weren't meant to be disparaging remarks towards anyone , just comment towards some of the folks new to rv ing and camping giving them some suggestions.

My sincere apologies if I offended anyone.

Rick