Old 04-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #1

Slide Out Question

I had my first look at my new Lodge-392QBBS today. Wow, awesome unit. The Gel-Coat is unbelievable. There is no sign of fiberglass matt-it is smooth as glass!

One question though, the plastic on the outsides of the sideouts (sides perpendicular to the outside walls) do not appear to be "tight" to the frame. They seem to have give-almost like they are not adhered to the backing. The edges all seem to be secure though. Is this normal? You can actually push in on the sides of the slideouts. The edges that push against the slide seal are very solid.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Head Rambler

Looks like no one knows and honestly, I don't either. On our GS the slide side walls are solid feeling.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Knower of Some Things

Normal. See also: Jayco & Keystone.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #4

I have looked a couple other brands. Agree with Pumapro-some are laminated some are covered and loose. I checked three other Lodges in the lot and another brand (forget the name) , they had "loose laminations" on the slides only. I also looked and some pics of new lodges on the net. Sure enough, slide sides are not tightly laminated. Looks like some brands are , some are not....go figure.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Knower of Some Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by es335 View Post
I have looked a couple other brands. Agree with Pumapro-some are laminated some are covered and loose. I checked three other Lodges in the lo and another brand (forget the name) , they were "loose laminations" on the slides only. I also looked and some pics of new lodges on the net. Sure enough, slide sides are not tightly laminated. Looks like some brands are , some are not....go figure.
On some units (Keystone products, R-vision, I think Heartland), the whole front & rear of the coach isn't laminated at all. On the rears, the fiberglass can bow out an inch and a half or more. It looks like crap, but it also adds insulation value in the dead air space. Also, possible de-lamination doesn't affect the structure. Much easier to make repairs, IMHO.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #6

you might check with wildwood, that way you have it from the manufacturer.