Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Question slideout lube & wheelbearing lube

I have a 2010 surveyor sv302. the owners manual doesn,t list any spec,s for lubeing the slideout rack and pinion or what type of grease for the wheel bearings, i belive the wheel bearings are called super lube hubs. the manual, the way its set up is worthless.
__________________

__________________
quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
NWJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Posts: 2,617
Manuals for RVs don't tell you much, you need to find litrature from the slide manufacturer. Forest River's slides are in most cases made by Lippert Inc. You can usually use a silicone based "dry lube" that comes in a spray can. It is available at Walmart and RV supply stores. Grease and oils like WD40 can attract and hold dirt and dust and are not usually recommended.
__________________

__________________
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Hatchet58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tacoma Wa
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Manuals for RVs don't tell you much, you need to find litrature from the slide manufacturer. Forest River's slides are in most cases made by Lippert Inc. You can usually use a silicone based "dry lube" that comes in a spray can. It is available at Walmart and RV supply stores. Grease and oils like WD40 can attract and hold dirt and dust and are not usually recommended.
. There is something out there thats called SEAFOAM. a silicone based spray, and 100% better then WD40
__________________

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305


Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 AM   #4
AKA Bluebird
 
dimurrrw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 1,061
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet58 View Post
. There is something out there thats called SEAFOAM. a silicone based spray, and 100% better then WD40
Can you be a bit more specific? Perhaps a link?
__________________
Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper
 
SaskCampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet58 View Post
. There is something out there thats called SEAFOAM. a silicone based spray, and 100% better then WD40

Seafoam makes a fuel treatment, engine/tranny additive and a product called deep creep.

Sea Foam | Products

But their products are awesome, alot of boaters use the fuel additive as it helps with problems associated with ethenol fuels in boat engines. I use it in my old small engines and as a tuneup every once in awhile in our vehicles.
__________________

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
AKA Bluebird
 
dimurrrw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 1,061
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Seafoam makes a fuel treatment, engine/tranny additive and a product called deep creep.

Sea Foam | Products

But their products are awesome, alot of boaters use the fuel additive as it helps with problems associated with ethenol fuels in boat engines. I use it in my old small engines and as a tuneup every once in awhile in our vehicles.
Right you are! I had checked this out before making my earlier post. My difficulty is that I didn't see anything in the literature that mentioned silicone, as stated by Hatchet58. Did I miss something?
__________________
Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimurrrw View Post
Right you are! I had checked this out before making my earlier post. My difficulty is that I didn't see anything in the literature that mentioned silicone, as stated by Hatchet58. Did I miss something?
Yeah Richard, I didn't see anything silicone based either. Deep Creek is petroleum based, which would probably leave a residue to collect dirt.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
AKA Bluebird
 
dimurrrw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 1,061
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Yeah Richard, I didn't see anything silicone based either. Deep Creek is petroleum based, which would probably leave a residue to collect dirt.

Chap, I share the same thinking.
__________________
Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #9
Wanna Be Camper
 
SaskCampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,370
They have no silicone based stuff. It is roughly the same as PBlaster or Fluid Film both of which are super items for their intended purposes but not for this particular thing.
__________________

__________________

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.