Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuwanneeDave View Post
Just returned from the first outing with our new rig, a Flagstaff Micro Lite 21FB pulled by Nissan Frontier. At a commercial RV park we were the smallest rig there. At the National Forest campground the largest!

I'm with you. I've been camping since the late sixties and have had everything but a popup. We have had big campers and little campers and have had a big Winnebago and a tiny Toyota motor-home. Right now we have a 21rr which was the smallest TT I could fit my rzr in and have a queen size bed and be able to access the bathroom and fridge. When we had the Toyota motor home we went to Yellowstone and there could not have been a better vehicle. We could drive it wherever a pickup could go, park it in normal parking spaces and at the end of each day stay in the closest campground. At the north end we were the biggest camper there as most could not negotiate the tight hairpins on the way up. There are many beautiful campgrounds that cannot be accessed by large units.

I say go with what suits your needs at the time and you will be a happy camper.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #12

Awesome ~ sometimes smaller is better We've had a 5er and big truck and would occasionally go to cg's that had spaces avail but none we could fit in! Wishing you happy camping

Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #13
Happy Campers

Do the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Outdoors View Post
Nice! How does it tow with that Frontier?

I have a v6 Pathfinder and we are looking at getting a small TT, but was told to get a bigger TV

How many can sleep in your TT?
First, do the math. www.changingears.com has a "fill in the blanks" calculator for towing capacities. Double check your numbers. Don't fudge, and error on the side of caution.

Second, 2014 MicroLite 21FBRS's are about 3790lbs. dry, even though the brochure show 3624. It says you can sleep four, but it's more like three. We can get five in with two grandsons sleeping on the floor.

The Microlite 23BH runs about the same weight and has bunks. I think there is a Microlite 19BH that is pretty light.

Third, visability is difficult because there really aren't any good towing mirrors for the Frontier or the Pathfinder. We are installing a camera system on the rear of our TT.

I hope the numbers are in your favor. I hope you guys have many, many days and nights of camping this year. Keep us posted!

Denny and Suni
Old 04-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny and Suni View Post
I am picking up our new 21FBRS this afternoon. My TV is a new 2013 Nissan SV4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed.

It's all in your POV. For us it ain't small, but it is beautiful.

Nice I hope you enjoy it we do like ours.Im going to get it ready tomorrow.does yours have the power awning
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
Happy Campers

Fully Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
Nice I hope you enjoy it we do like ours.Im going to get it ready tomorrow.does yours have the power awning
Turns out the 2013 I ordered is 2014. I had factory install power awning and Suburban oven. (Boondock at airshows during summer)

Work is intruding for the next two weeks, but we are packed and ready to go at a moments notice.

My brother just bought another brand 26 ft. TT. and ended up paying dealer to install a lot of the things that came standard on ours.

We are very pleased with this TT. Any advise/tips from your experience with the 21FBRS?

Denny and Suni
Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny and Suni View Post
Turns out the 2013 I ordered is 2014. I had factory install power awning and Suburban oven. (Boondock at airshows during summer)

Work is intruding for the next two weeks, but we are packed and ready to go at a moments notice.

My brother just bought another brand 26 ft. TT. and ended up paying dealer to install a lot of the things that came standard on ours.

We are very pleased with this TT. Any advise/tips from your experience with the 21FBRS?

Denny and Suni
Ours was fully loaded to there was things I wanted when we went looking to buy I took the list with me and it had everything plus.so we bought it
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I'm with you. I've been camping since the late sixties and have had everything but a popup. We have had big campers and little campers and have had a big Winnebago and a tiny Toyota motor-home. Right now we have a 21rr which was the smallest TT I could fit my rzr in and have a queen size bed and be able to access the bathroom and fridge. When we had the Toyota motor home we went to Yellowstone and there could not have been a better vehicle. We could drive it wherever a pickup could go, park it in normal parking spaces and at the end of each day stay in the closest campground. At the north end we were the biggest camper there as most could not negotiate the tight hairpins on the way up. There are many beautiful campgrounds that cannot be accessed by large units.

I say go with what suits your needs at the time and you will be a happy camper.
I see you are towing your Grey Wolf 21RR with an F150. That's my TV also. The 21RR is one that I am considering. My two motorcycles, one street bike and one dirt bike, together weigh about 750 pounds. I read that it has wood framing and the corrugated aluminum siding. I'm wondering if the extra cost and weight of aluminum framing and fiberglass siding in some others is worth it. Any issues with anything yet? Any options you wish were in the unit? Is the bathroom cramped? I haven't found one anywhere near here to see. I'm hoping to share your experience with it. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Congrats on your new Flagstaff Micro Lite 21FB! Doesn't matter how big or small the unit is. It's how much you enjoy it that counts .
Wiscampsin has hit the nail squarely on the head!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwowheelguy View Post
I see you are towing your Grey Wolf 21RR with an F150. That's my TV also. The 21RR is one that I am considering. My two motorcycles, one street bike and one dirt bike, together weigh about 750 pounds. I read that it has wood framing and the corrugated aluminum siding. I'm wondering if the extra cost and weight of aluminum framing and fiberglass siding in some others is worth it. Any issues with anything yet? Any options you wish were in the unit? Is the bathroom cramped? I haven't found one anywhere near here to see. I'm hoping to share your experience with it. Thanks!
Regarding issues with my 21rr:
1. Tires, the tires that came with it were Trail Express. I had a blowout on the way home from the dealer which they replaced. A couple months passed and the tires were cracking. Lionshead replaced them promptly and gave me $60 check. A few more months passed and the replacements cracked, this time they upgraded the tires to radials and a different brand. I can't say much for the Trail Express Brand but the warranty service from Lionshead was outstanding.

2. I noticed the siding bulging outward above the windows on both sides of the trailer. This was fixed under warranty in January. The dealer said they had left out some staples in the siding.

3. A couple of minor things, blemish in refrigerator door, oven thermostat and lights at bottom of entrance door not always turning off. Those issues also fixed under warranty.

Regarding options:
We bought a package that had every option available and am happy with it. I think we would have been happy with the extra money in our pocket and no options also. They are nice to have though.

I think the bathroom is very nice, it has a large medicine cabinet and nice shower/tub. The tub is for children.

There are some nice videos and pics of them on eBay, also the best prices. When I was looking at them I found a dealer about 70 miles from home and he let me bring my Polaris RZR in to make sure it would fit.

It works perfect for my wife and I. We are heading to the Little Sahara, the eighteenth of this month to ride the dunes.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #20

Nice looking rig, looks like you might need some helper bags under the back. Do you have a weight distribution hitch?

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
sself1219 is offline   Reply With Quote