Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sself1219 View Post
Nice looking rig, looks like you might need some helper bags under the back. Do you have a weight distribution hitch?
When the picture was taken I did not have a WD hitch. The rear of the truck only sagged a little and it seemed to tow well. I have since installed an Andersen hitch.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #22

Also I think the camera angle is exaggerating the rear sag. This side view shows it better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer rig 2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	27425  

Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
Regarding issues with my 21rr:
1. Tires, the tires that came with it were Trail Express. I had a blowout on the way home from the dealer which they replaced. A couple months passed and the tires were cracking. Lionshead replaced them promptly and gave me $60 check. A few more months passed and the replacements cracked, this time they upgraded the tires to radials and a different brand. I can't say much for the Trail Express Brand but the warranty service from Lionshead was outstanding.

2. I noticed the siding bulging outward above the windows on both sides of the trailer. This was fixed under warranty in January. The dealer said they had left out some staples in the siding.

3. A couple of minor things, blemish in refrigerator door, oven thermostat and lights at bottom of entrance door not always turning off. Those issues also fixed under warranty.

Regarding options:
We bought a package that had every option available and am happy with it. I think we would have been happy with the extra money in our pocket and no options also. They are nice to have though.

I think the bathroom is very nice, it has a large medicine cabinet and nice shower/tub. The tub is for children.

There are some nice videos and pics of them on eBay, also the best prices. When I was looking at them I found a dealer about 70 miles from home and he let me bring my Polaris RZR in to make sure it would fit.

It works perfect for my wife and I. We are heading to the Little Sahara, the eighteenth of this month to ride the dunes.
Thanks for the feedback. I have never owned an RV. Sounds like a new one will require several dealer warranty visits. They must put these together in a hurry.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #24

Actually all my warranty work was done in one trip. The tires were handled directly with Lionshead through emails. They accepted pictures and numbers from the tires and shipped new ones to my door. It was easier for me to have the tires mounted locally than to take the trailer back to my dealer (70 miles one way). It cost me a little to have them mounted but like I said they gave me a check for $60 which I wasn't expecting. I had the new tires balanced and metal valve stems added. Then I installed a TPMS.

I think a trailer is a bit different than a car or truck since they have plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliances, roofing, etc. With all these systems and manufacturers a little tweaking is to be expected.

If you do decide to buy a new one you definitely will want to buy the second year factory warranty.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #25
MI Camperz

We have a 34' TT, but we're seasonal and rarely tow. I mean rarely! Prior to that we had a 17 or 18' HI-LO. Loved it! If we were still towing all over, I would go smaller, safer, more efficient, cozy. You got it going on!
Plus, when we went from tenting to the HI-LO, I remember asking my husband, "When do we start camping?" It didn't feel like camping with the kitchen, bathroom, real bed, etc. I actually missed the tent. With a Huge condo on wheels, that just puts you farther from the earth. I'm just sayin.....

Lynn and Mike
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
Happy Campers

No Saggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuwanneeDave View Post
Also I think the camera angle is exaggerating the rear sag. This side view shows it better
I kept looking at the first photo trying to see if there was sag. The shadow under the truck contributed to the appearance of sag. But even after seeing your first photo I felt better about my rig, (sim. to yours). It's a good looking combo! Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny and Suni View Post
I am picking up our new 21FBRS this afternoon. My TV is a new 2013 Nissan SV4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed.

It's all in your POV. For us it ain't small, but it is beautiful.

Is that a v6 in your new truck? How does your TT tow with your new truck?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #28
Happy Campers

Small really is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Outdoors View Post
Is that a v6 in your new truck? How does your TT tow with your new truck?
Yes. The largest engine available in the Frontier is a 4.0 V6. The standard 2dr, 4X2 Frontier is rated for 6500lbs.

I've only towed the TT home from the dealership about 100 mailes away. Had no problems and TT traveled well. I have WD hitch and anti-sway bar. I only tow at 55mph, so your experience may vary.

Enjoy camping!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #29
Engineer of Crazy Train

The place I went to, Strawberry Park, has a lot of smaller sites. On the way out, I asked about last minute sites in the summer. They said they stay full, bit since we are small, they sometimes have to turn away larger rigs, and we could be in luck.

Small is beautiful.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #30

Nice to know there are others out there who don't need huge trailers. Our Wildwood X-Lite 195bh is perfect for our family of four. I can easily tow it with my short bed Tacoma Quad cab and the only modification I needed to do was get mirror extensions.

ChooChooMan74 and Wiscampsin are right, small is beautiful and it is all about how much you enjoy the trailer you have.

The photo was taken as my daughter and I left home for our last camping weekend in 2012, we spent the weekend at a local state park.

Looking forward to the 2013 camping season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1330.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	27984