Old 09-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
Weber Q also has my vote.

Bill & Pam
2014 Trilogy 3650RE
2015 F350 PSD
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #12
Another O-Grill reccomendation.

I had the mid size Weber Q grill, but recently gave it to my son-in-law.
They are built like a tank and cook well, thanks to a heavy cast iron grate.
I carried it along with a 20lb cylinder and hose, but grew tired of the both the grill and tanks high weight.

The O-Grill also has a cast iron grate but the rest of it while well built is lighter, folds up smaller, and can be carried in one hand. Also, the way it's regulator and propane hook up is made its easy to convert it to use a LP propane port on your RV.

That's what I'm doing so I no longer have to haul the 20lb cylinder, or 1lb bottles.

2017 Open Range - Light 297RLS, BX1 Gooseneck
1997 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD LB 4x4
offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #13
I have a Weber Baby-Q, and love it. I keep it in the bed of my PUP, and pull in out onto the tailgate when I'm BBQ'in... Works great!

2008 Forest River Micro-Lite 18FBR
2000 Ford Explorer Sports Trac
WBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
I found a Weber Q grille for sale at a garage sale. When I power washed if it came out looking like new.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #15
I've had lots of grills. Had the Coleman road tripper and found that it worked great but was awful to clean. I always wanted the webber but coming up with a couple hundred for a grill, was not on the budget. Fortunately I found one ata yard sale and love it!its easy to clean and always lights with one push. If I bought that first I would have saved lots of money.

Webber gets my vote!
Aca651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I bought a small Coleman Road Trip at Shopko for just under a Franklin, works just fine for three or four people.

Table top type.

Coleman RoadTrip Portable Tabletop Grill - $162.00 : Hilton's Tent City, Purveyors of outdoor speciality equipment since 1947

If you look around you might find it for less.
OK...pardon the ignorance...perhaps it's because I am Canadian...but how much is a "Franklin"?
2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #17
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
OK...pardon the ignorance...perhaps it's because I am Canadian...but how much is a "Franklin"?
Benjamin Franklin who's face graces the $100.00 dollar bill here in the US.

Some may call it a "Benjamin" I like Franklin better....
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #18
Originally, we got a Weber Q220 as a gift. Cooks great, even has a thermometer in the lid. Downside - it was 3/8" too tall with the lid on to go in any of the stow-bins. It got to be a chore taking the higne-pins out and storing the lid someplace else.

We had a behemoth 4-burner Char-Broil on the S&B patio, After 3 seasons it was in bad shape due to corrosion. I offered it to s-i-l, who's an inveterate d-i-y guy and we bought a Q-100 for the RV. We use the Q220 on the patio.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #19
If I were to buy the Coleman Roadmate again I would get the higher BTU version and the one without wheels.

One morning's breakfast didn't end up too well when a rain shower hit mid way through and I tried rolling the silly thing under a canopy and it folded up and I lost the bacon.

I won't even mention the mess I had to clean up before I could load the thing back on the MH. It almost ended up in the lake.
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #20
we've been using the Coleman roadtrip grill for the last year. It works OK, not great. I think of it as a glorified camp stove as the 2 burners are hotspots but not much out from that. the cart is really nice, as are the accessory griddles for it. I like it, but I don't LOVE it and find myself checking out portable grills whenever I am around them. I would love to find something portable with 2 true burners, even the weber q's don't offer that.

steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote