Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2015, 01:40 AM   #1

Smashed window advice

I have my TT at an RV storage place and an employee at an adjacent business backed a ladder truck into my rear window and shattered it. The owner fessed up and is willing to repair it. The problem is I'm out of town and haven't seen it yet. He has a window company that can order a replacement from Forest River and install it. I had called around to local RV companies and found a Forest River dealer that will do it but won't order the window until they see the damage.i won't be home until Saturday which is 3 days lost time. But not having seen the damage myself I'm not sure if the window frame is damaged or shade is damaged etc.. Would you have the glass repaired by the glass company in a week or have the RV company do it and wait 2+ weeks and be more assured it's done right? While waiting I could have them do other work I need done ( brake job, fresh water not working, and state inspection.
Spkittrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:00 AM   #2
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spkittrick1 View Post
Would you have the glass repaired by the glass company in a week or have the RV company do it and wait 2+ weeks and be more assured it's done right?
Don't make that decision until you've had an opportunity to get hands on with the damage. As you inferred, what other damage might there be?

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:51 AM   #3

Just have someone seal it up till you get home. No one will fix it like you will. Good luck

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #4

Definitely want to see it first But was wondering if it's better to have a glass shop that replaces glass every day but not necessarily ever on an RV versus an RV dealership that might never have replaced a window before? I say this because they said they would have to look at it first. They also said it would take a couple of weeks to repair which would ruin the rest of my summer.
Spkittrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote