Let's get this straight, everybody!
It's not a CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) detector. CO2 is expelled by all animals, as well as being a component of the air we breath, and is actually essential to maintaining our breathing.
What you have is a CO (Carbon Monoxide) detector. CO is a product of combustion and is lethal! CO will preferentially bind to the hemoglobin in your blood, displacing the oxygen needed by the body - basically with CO poisoning, you suffocate as the body cannot get the oxygen it needs to live. This hemoglobin preference to CO is why CO poisoning is so hard to treat. Treatment requires hours of oxygen therapy, and in extreme cases, threat meant in a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in a hyperbaric chamber to "force" the oxygen back into the blood.
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but you need to know what gas you need to protect yourself from. It's CO - Carbon Monoxide - not CO2 - Carbon Dioxide.
Rick & Debbie; Brandy & Schnoodle Dexter & Fritz R.I.P. the Doxie "Kids"
2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36RSQS 5'er
2013 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ, 6.6L Diesel Dually; B&W Goose Neck and Companion 5'er hitch