Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
Learning a lot as I go...

Snow in the RV

This could be in so many sub-forums... rookie mistake... tips and tricks... jokes

While I grew up in a family that had a TT, my DW is new to the whole RV'ing deal. So she still tends to think of the TT as just like her house, only with wheels. So when furnishing the RV she tends to use the same stuff she uses at home.

Well it was our annual Labor Day campout with some friends. These friends are tent campers and all of our prior annual campouts have been in tents. This was our first with our "Iron Tent". We expected cooking/cleaning to be around the RV so we added some extra plates for our "guests" to the stack up in the cupboard. Well it turns out that those extra Corelle plates put the stack just over the threshold and maybe you can guess what comes next

We drive on up the road a piece, stopping for lunch, and I go into the RV to get a cold drink out and O-O-H-H M-M-M-M-Y-Y-YYYYY!* Seems that the stack of plates and bowls had shifted and popped the cabinet door open and gone flying. And let me tell you that when Corelle lands... it does not just break, it explodes. There was a line of white shards all the way from the cupboard to the bathroom door, under the bathroom door through the bathroom, and even up into the front bedroom area. Not to mention the sideways distribution all underneath the dinette. Who would have ever thought that 2 plates and 2 bowls could make that much mess?

So off to Wal-Mart we go looking for implements for the cleanup in aisle RV. Now we already have 2 Shop-Vacs at home and a house vacuum so there was nothing beneficial about getting another of any of those. So we needed to find something else we did not have that might provide a capability we did not otherwise have, right? Found a Dustbuster product with rechargeable head and removable wand and carpet beater floor attachment. Yeah, a vacuum for the RV

We are still finding and vacuuming Corelle shards off the floor.
I am buying the DW new melamine dishes for the RV

Tags
snow