Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, walking the dogs, reading, listening to music, playing cards, playing music, astronomy (haul the telescope along), sight-seeing drives, cooking food, drinking a little wine (while listening to the blues), napping, enjoying the sun, . . . .
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #22

Great thread! I love to kayak fish, so the kayaks are with us almost every time we camp. We also do some light hiking, bicycling, a good book in the afternoon shade is always nice, dutch oven cooking, movies and popcorn at night, and just generally spending quality family time together.
2 Wilderness Systems Kayaks
Nights Spent Camping in 2011 (19), 2012 (16)
https://www.armadillotimes.com
HondoPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #23

We love to go fishing. Hopefully that means we have to spend some time cutting up and vacuum packing in the evening. we spend a lot of time cooking on the fire with the dutch ovens and enjoying the outdoors. If it is windy we may break out a kite or two. If we are boondocking we may set up some targets and do some shooting or archery. last august we limited out on silver salmon in Valdez by Noon, spent the rest of the day geo-caching with our son. We will definitely search for more geo-caches in the future, it was fun. We will probably set up a few of our own. We see a lot of people washing their RV's. Since we usually only camp a few days at a time, I do that when we get back home.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #24
J. Parham

For me it is a way to get away from the distractions of home. My daughter (almost 5) loves to play in the camper. I try to get us set up near a lake or in a RV park with a pool so we can get some swim time. Geo-caching is always a lot of fun. The little one loves to see what is in the cache. Walking, checking out other rigs and of course time on the playground. Sitting around the table with crayons, cards and a good movie is a lot of fun as well.
snjparham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #25

It depends. We go to Mackinaw Mill Creek CG in Michigan every July 4th. Typically we just play around the campground and go across the bridge for lunch. Last year was different. We went to Mackinac Island, Munising (Pictured Rocks), and the Soo Locks. It was a lot of fun. This year while we're there, I think we'll hit the Cherry Festival in Traverse City. For weekend trips, we just relax.

This year is our Disney year, we go every other year, so we'll be at Fort Wilderness in December doing the obviously Disney stuff.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #26

My favorite thing is doing absolutely nothing. I'll sit in my chair under the awning with a cup of coffee or beer while listening to the radio and watching people walk by for hours, usually my wife is sitting right beside me reading a book. We like walking the 2 killer beasts around (Maltese and Yorkie) and listen to them bark at every leaf that blows by. We go to beach, ride bikes with the kids and play games/watch movies with the family in the evenings.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
My favorite thing is doing absolutely nothing. I'll sit in my chair under the awning with a cup of coffee or beer while listening to the radio and watching people walk by for hours, usually my wife is sitting right beside me reading a book. We like walking the 2 killer beasts around (Maltese and Yorkie) and listen to them bark at every leaf that blows by. We go to beach, ride bikes with the kids and play games/watch movies with the family in the evenings.
Times a thousand. My idea of camping.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #28

absolutely nothing,,that is the beauty of it,,,there is always something to do but what is the great thing about camping is that even though there is something to do, you never have to do it....doesnt get any better than that....
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #29

DH fishes and mans the cooler.

I feed the dogs, water the dogs, clean up after the dogs, fix meals, clean up after meals, unpack and pack. I also work in lots of hikes with the pups, checking out other set ups, reading, watching birds and doing nothing! If we have friends and family along, we play corn hole, ladder golf and other games.

Eventually, we'll have a toad and will take our kayaks along and be able to venture out away from the campsite to check out local attractions.

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #30

Thanks greatwhite for your service to our country. During the day we like walking the CG & seeing other rigs, playing cards & other board games. This year I'm taking our goldwing along & will do some sightseeing from it, although sightseeing from the truck is nice also. At night we like the campfire also.
Oh ya! we'll have a cold beverage whenever a thirst arrives & that's quite often on the those sunny warm days & nights!
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Times a thousand. My idea of camping.
X3, the awning, my radio, favorite chair, cold drink.. I am set.

We also do alot of father daughter fishing and just walking around as a family and seeing the sights.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote