Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #21

We went from 2011 Montana High Country 5w 38 ft to a FR Sunseeker 32ft MH last Aug. and traded it in. Did'nt get any where near nada avg retail for trade but supposedly sale $ on 2014 MH. Expensive deal but got what we wanted, so I guess that's what counts,right? RV ing is not a cheap hobby.
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #22

The only caution flag I would throw is this. There is real value in spending some time with the unit you have just so you can figure out exactly what you want or need in the next one, even if you already know you want to switch. We switched from a toy hauler to a hybrid after a bout a year and a half...and right up to the end I was discovering little details I wanted to make sure I had in my next camper. The first few months with the toy hauler was kind of like a honeymoon period where I just enjoyed using it. After you spend time you start noticing little things that bother you, and they are the kinds of things you don't really think about when looking on a showroom floor. It is the kind of insight you only get through using it dozens of times.

Other than that I agree with everyone else...do what makes you happy!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #23
I Break Everything

We had at TT and 2 fifth wheels in three years. We always put down 1/2 and had short notes 3 years or less. After that first TT we knew we needed more. We recently made a move to a motorhome. It's only money. My wife and I are teachers and I am also a photographer. The photography feeds our RVing addictions...I take lots of pictures. We travel quite a bit during the summer and breaks. Finding exactly what you need rarely happens.

We always waited a year to make notes, look around and judge what was out there based on what we wanted. Good Luck.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:54 PM   #24

I went to K and K campers in Millbrook AL today after work to see the 351THSS live and in person. Boy was that a mistake. Makes our 27RR look like a toy now. LOL

So the guy let us look all we wanted and let me dig deep to see how well or poorly it was assembled which I really appreciated and much to my surprise, I was really impressed!!! The 27RR is a great unit, but I spent several hours improving on what the factory did to quickly and poorly. I couldn't find any crappy workmanship on the 351THSS!

So after 1 hour of going through it. we sat down and I dropped the bomb on him that we already had a 27RR. He said let me run you some numbers on trade difference. (at this point he has NO clue I have been in the car business for 25 years). The owner comes in and asks me a few questions about the 27RR and then asks me what I want for it. I tell him and he agrees that its a fair number. He comes back with a counter offer that I just knew was going to be 5000.00 less than I wanted and it was ONLY 700.00 less than I wanted!!! Now you take into account the tax credit I get for trading instead of selling and I am now 28.00 AHEAD of where I wanted to be!!! Now for pricing on his unit. He is 3000.00 higher than I could order one from one of two wholesale outfits which means I have to SELL mine, order theirs, wait 8 weeks, drive 1200 miles round trip to go get and lose my tax credit of 728.00 because I can't trade in at one of these two wholesale places. It looks like I have a solid deal as long as the bank comes back with a decent rate!

I am still sitting here in shock that this has been so easy so far.

Now to figure out which 5th wheel hitch to buy..........................LOL

I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, INPUT, AND THOUGHTS!!! Yall have been GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gil
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote