Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Geary Clark View Post
Soooo good to hear all the positives, we pick up our 2019 Cherokee Wolf Pack 315 toy hauler tomorrow and almost gotten a little worried about our decision but thanks to you all we are smilin again..... Can not wait to get our retirement home on wheels.....
Hey Brenda Congrats ... keep us posted....
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:26 AM   #82

Congratulations !!!
Old 03-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
It would help the OP if you elaborated on what you're saying.
This is their request:
"Wait I do understand the are problems and people need to vent... I would just like to see a little balance ... if you like your FR camper maybe you could leave a brief comment .."
So the OP was asking for positive posts, not vent posts.
There are plenty of vent threads already.
Geez, thanks for clearing that up.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #84
HandDfromPxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
I read here daily and there are so many negative reviews and comments is there anyone that even likes there camper ?? How is FR still in business?? Wait I do understand the are problems and people need to vent... I would just like to see a little balance ... if you like your FR camper maybe you could leave a brief comment .... as I sit here waiting to pick mine up in 4 days ...
Hello all. First time posting. I have been reading the forums for over a year and have learned much from the questions posted, the responses they received as well as other folks experiences. We live in western PA, Punxsutawney to be exact. We have been camping for almost 30 years, first in a tent, moved to a pop up and then a 2011 Jayco expandable (now called Hybrids). In May 2017 we purchased a new Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS from an RV dealer between Columbus and Cincinnati OH. I was working in OH at the time and found this unit and it had the floor plan that we were looking for and Jayco didn't. I wanted to respond to frank4711. I can honestly say that we have been very happy with our Forest River product so far. We have had no issues or problems with it. We camp with 2 other couples that also own Forest River TT. One is an R-Pod and the other is a Grey Wolf toy hauler. Both couples are also very pleased with their units and have had no issues. The six of us get to camp together about 8-10 times from May through Oct and like to go to state CG throughout western PA, northern WV and MD. I agree with The WolfPaq82 that folks will only chatter about problems and you rarely hear a peek from them when they are pleased with something. As humans, that's what we do I guess. Thanks for reading my rant and have a great camping season.
HanknDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:29 AM   #85

I haven't owned my TT long enough for good stories, I haven't camped in it yet and missed PDI problems means it now sits at the shop.
As long as you don't peek behind hidden panels, the TT seems well built.
Time will tell.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #86

Negative comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanknDeb View Post
Hello all. First time posting. I have been reading the forums for over a year and have learned much from the questions posted, the responses they received as well as other folks experiences. We live in western PA, Punxsutawney to be exact. We have been camping for almost 30 years, first in a tent, moved to a pop up and then a 2011 Jayco expandable (now called Hybrids). In May 2017 we purchased a new Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS from an RV dealer between Columbus and Cincinnati OH. I was working in OH at the time and found this unit and it had the floor plan that we were looking for and Jayco didn't. I wanted to respond to frank4711. I can honestly say that we have been very happy with our Forest River product so far. We have had no issues or problems with it. We camp with 2 other couples that also own Forest River TT. One is an R-Pod and the other is a Grey Wolf toy hauler. Both couples are also very pleased with their units and have had no issues. The six of us get to camp together about 8-10 times from May through Oct and like to go to state CG throughout western PA, northern WV and MD. I agree with The WolfPaq82 that folks will only chatter about problems and you rarely hear a peek from them when they are pleased with something. As humans, that's what we do I guess. Thanks for reading my rant and have a great camping season.
I do not post as a negative comment on any trouble areas I have. I am simply trying to pick the brain and expertise of all that have had this same problem. NOT IN ANY WAY DOES IT MEAN THAT I AM NOT HAPPY WITH FORREST RIVER!!!!!!!!! MY DYNAMAX ISATA 3 24 FW IS THE BEST OF THE BEST. But as all things there is and will be adjustments to make! If they took too much extra time when building these, none of us would be able to afford them! thanks HAPPY CAMPER leonard
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #87
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Geez, thanks for clearing that up.
WD, my post was in response to dbarr's cryptic post.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #88

It is very much luck of the draw, you are the quality assurance department. In our limited experience, our cheap Jayco trailer had a better build quality than our expensive Forester motorhome. I have fixed improperly installed slide rollers, cleaned up poor wiring routing, and patched a literal hole in the outside wall where water was entering(they had mounted the scare light below the hole the wiring exited). Then there are all the little fixes to reduce rattle and noise, reseal for missed caulking, and repainting the rusty bumpers. We also had to pay for an alignment that should have been done post build (per Ford). We didn't get it done in time and have front tires with bad wear patterns as a result. I would never buy new again, let someone else do the QA work first.
retireearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #89

We have owned 2 FR A-frames in the past 5 years. We love camping in an A-frame. The FR A-frames cost at least 25-30% less than A-liners or Chalets, which made up our minds to buy FR. And both A-liner and Chalet have their design and quality issues, too. I've met a few A-liner and Chalet snobs out there (very similar to Mercedes and BMW snobs), but we probably would not own an A-frame if not for the lesser cost of the FR.

The quality is not as high as I would like, but having carefully chosen good dealers, the 3-4 minor defects were taken care of before delivery or under warranty.

Did I say we love camping in an A-frame?

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #90
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I call shenanigans on this "Don't buy a camper made on Mondays or Fridays!"...

I keep reading about these so-called studies about this.

Where are they?

Hard core partyers don't care what day of the week it is to party...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #91

I just bought a used Rockwood trailer. At first I was a little disappointed not being able to get everything to work. I have no manuals for it. One hour with an RV mechanic took care of the problems. I have already slept in it in the backyard with the owls and coyotes. I like the Rockwood a lot and look forward to getting out soon. The girl really likes it. My dogs like it. The Rockwood makes the other RVs at the show look cheesy.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:07 PM   #92

I consider my GeorgeTown to be exactly like my house. maintenance, repairs of normal wear and tear, and the appliances are what you get , and need to be replaced, as needed. We have Only one year, of doing the motor home, and can't wait to be " On The Road Again" ! We haven't been out, traveling in it, for 2 months now! Itching to get out of Dodge!

Happy trails and Cheers
David
Old 08-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #93

Don't think ppl look for clubs n forums to let everyone know about thier awesome trailers, ppl go out looking for help, answers and common knowledge along with some venting when they see others with some frustrations. I would think that manufacturers would look for these to find common and new issues with a free study group. Be quite honest I can't believe we don't here about really bad things happening to these trailers when you really dig into ur camper and find shabby work on critical components like when I pulled off the panels in and around my furnace and find piles of sawdust all around it.... Talk about fire Hazzard. I must have vacuumed out about 5 lbs of leftovers they were to lazy to vac up. I know I wouldn't feel very good if I worked for one of these brands and just cover up a fire [emoji91] Hazzard like that.
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:15 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizterusa View Post
Don't think ppl look for clubs n forums to let everyone know about thier awesome trailers, ppl go out looking for help, answers and common knowledge along with some venting when they see others with some frustrations. I would think that manufacturers would look for these to find common and new issues with a free study group. Be quite honest I can't believe we don't here about really bad things happening to these trailers when you really dig into ur camper and find shabby work on critical components like when I pulled off the panels in and around my furnace and find piles of sawdust all around it.... Talk about fire Hazzard. I must have vacuumed out about 5 lbs of leftovers they were to lazy to vac up. I know I wouldn't feel very good if I worked for one of these brands and just cover up a fire [emoji91] Hazzard like that.
What model I may need to check mine??
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #95
Voyager

We are very satisfied with our Rockwood ’18 2703WS. Just a couple very minor issues in the first 2 years (over 10,000 towing miles)!

Now on the other end of the spectrum is the dealership. Great at selling you a product, and atrocious at servicing said product. Completely incapable of fixing anything. But, I look at any future issues as an opportunity to upgrade!
'23 Rockwood 2205S
Bob.n.Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:17 PM   #96
Rolling on & on & on

Quite happy with our Palomino Puma 30' TT. There have been the normal small issues like trim with contact paper on it and the mirror coming out of one of the doors in the bunk room cabinet, but it's mostly been normal wear and tear from use. We had one tire blow out, one damaged awning due to weather (not FR's fault), a broken kitchen faucet handle, and the TV antenna on the roof broke off. We expect issues to pop up but we have been very pleased with our FR product and are probably going to purchase a used Georgetown XL in the next few years.
Jayco C-class
Coleman P/U
KCKC is offline   Reply With Quote