Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
Site Team

So sad

After rescheduling my last two trips I was looking forward to getting out & camp during our spring like weather here in SoCal. However, I rescheduled this coming weekend trip due to being ill. Camping solo and bring ill does not make for much fun. I did it once and I don’t care to repeat that.

I also had to reschedule my next trip as well. Since making that reservation surgery been scheduled. I’m hoping that I heal quickly and will be able to move one of the trips up earlier.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:55 PM   #2

So Sad

Sorry to hear about your concerns, and hope that things improve for you. Our last trip was with friends and family. DW was sick the entire time and barely got out of bed on our last day. She didn't want to cancel because money was spent, and figured would rather be sick camping opposed to being sick at home. Made for a rough time for her and a tough time for me as well. I was happy to do what ever I could for her, and I sure appreciate her all the more for all her help that I'm used to when we do go camping. Lots of work for just one camper to do everything. Hats off to all you solo campers. I pray that you are able to resume camping sometime soon. Best of luck to you, hang in there.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:39 AM   #3

Best wishes. Hoe you get out soon.
You wrote: "spring like weather here in SoCal." We had too much rain up here in WA, this week.
Fortunately, my TT and TV were high and dry in my RV garage, as shown in the attached picture. (house with blue roof, center of picture)
Ram2500 diesel/Surveyor 251rks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	house-flood.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	162029  
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #4

I'm sorry you are going to have to have surgery, but, I will say that after the initial recovery period, camping is great therapy for whatever ails you. If you can physically get the camper ready to go with some help and then set up, it is a great way to recuperate.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit View Post
Best wishes. Hoe you get out soon.
You wrote: "spring like weather here in SoCal." We had too much rain up here in WA, this week.
Fortunately, my TT and TV were high and dry in my RV garage, as shown in the attached picture. (house with blue roof, center of picture)
Ram2500 diesel/Surveyor 251rks

Wow, need to add more height?

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrykalia View Post
camping is great therapy for whatever ails you. If you can physically get the camper ready to go with some help and then set up, it is a great way to recuperate.
X2. I was in a motorcycle accident last year and had a trip planned for the week after. I still went, nice neighbors helped me get the TT unhitched and setup and it was a relaxing weekend with the boys. DW drive down the next day.

Hope you feel better and speedy recovery!
jayrodoh is offline   Reply With Quote