Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #1

So where did everyone camp for the Holiday?

We spent our Holiday at Artillery Ridge in the Gettysburg area. It was our 3rd trip out with the new camper and our first time at Artillery Ridge. The sites seem to be a little too close but we had a great time with 4 other camping friends.
.................................................. .................................................. ........
I wish that my son was there but he was busy camping out in a bunker in Afgan doing his job in the US Army, this is his 2nd tour in two years along with thousands of other young men and women looking over us as we Honor the Survivors and the Fallen from the past. May God Bless Them All
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #2

Guadalupe River RV Resort in the hill country. Rained most of the weekend but we still had a good time.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

Treetops RV Resort in Arlington, TX. Got to see a young lady who was in my youth group back in the day get married. Beautiful ceremony and wonderful couple.
coderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #4

Johnson-Sauk Trail in Kewanee, IL. It's an annual trip that we have with several of our friends. While Friday was a beautiful day, it rained the rest of the weekend. The kids played outside when they could, and it didn't bother us too much as we had an EZ-up awning to sit under by the fire and have some cocktails. That is at least until Sunday afternoon when the rain came down at a rate of 3-4 inches in a couple of hours.

That's when this happened to our EZ-UP tent.......Just couldn't hold up to the weight of all of the rain.....

I am now looking for replacement parts for that one......

And this was the view outside of our camper door once the rain settled down for the first time....

That ditch was about 18-24" deep and we started to develop a small pond on that side of the camper....

And here is a little tip for everyone that might just bring back some memories....when it is cold and you have to walk through water to clean up outside and do something say like take down an EZ-UP tent, wrap a couple of plastic bags around your feet before you put your shoes on. Feet stay dry and somewhat warm, although your shoes will be soaking wet.....
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I wish that my son was there but he was busy camping out in a bunker in Afgan doing his job in the US Army, this is his 2nd tour in two years along with thousands of other young men and women looking over us as we Honor the Survivors and the Fallen from the past. May God Bless Them All
Rockwood:
Send your son best wishes from the forum. How fitting you posted this as a Memorial Day tribute. I revere ALL our uniform servicemen/women for keeping our Republic safe. I'm sure I speak for the readers on the forum when I thank him for his service.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #6

We spent a rather wet, windy, and cold weekend at Salisbury Beach State Reservation in Salisbury, MA. Winds were pushing us around most of the weekend with winds approaching 40+mph at times with heavy rain.

But of course a bad day camping is better than a good day working. Got caught up on some reading and family time.

2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #7

I'm like a lot of folks who don't care to be on the highways during a major holiday weekend. But we still wanted to go camping, so we went to our local park (Hagan Stone Park in Pleasant Garden, NC) for the long weekend - just 10 miles away. Place was packed with some great people, the weather was perfect, and the new Solera was "all systems Go."
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #8

South Padre Island, Texas

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #9

We spent the long weekend at Portal RV park in Moab, UT. A great time was had by the entire family.
HighwayStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #10

Camp Crystal Lake

2020 Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel
Previous Trailer -> 2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:50 AM   #11

Indian Creek in Geneva on the lake, Ohio. Private RV resort. Sure was packed with people. Cold and windy but had a great time.
crunchman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0012.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	31623   Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0015.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	31624   Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0016.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	31625  
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #12

Quote:
We spent our Holiday at Artillery Ridge in the Gettysburg area. It was our 3rd trip out with the new camper and our first time at Artillery Ridge. The sites seem to be a little too close but we had a great time with 4 other camping friends.
.................................................. .................................................. ........
Please send your son our sincere appreciation

We camped at Sun n Fun RV Resort in Sarasota FL ~ I realized how ironic it is that we camp at resorts with pool, etc during the hotter months but there are so many people there I only got in once.

Beautiful weekend ~ one more planned then it will be hit or miss til it cools off again.....
Old 05-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #13

We spent it up in Door County, WI. The weather was perfect and not a spot of rain in sight. We stayed at the Egg Harbor Campground which we really liked. We did the typical lazy stuff, went into the different bay towns, as well as hitting a lighthouse. A great family weekend!

Name:	983865_10201266344960193_1404876882_n.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	31632

Name:	BaileyBarn.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	31633

https://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #14

Went to Cape Cod, MA. Rained on and off all weekend but ended on a good note with whale watching cruise.
jrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #15

"Drive-Way" camping at my brother-in-law's place in Stokesdale, NC. (water, power and cable). Great time with family and all the comforts of home.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #16
Ham Radio since 1970

We were at Pla-Mor campground in Bremen, IN. It is run by a wood-carving buddy of mine. We had a good time in spite of rain all day on Monday. The real reason for the trip was to see how our two cats would do in the camper. Once they got over their initial panic, they did pretty well. Got closed in a couple of cabinets after being to curious, but they survived. Makes us feel better about taking them along on our month long trip to the Black Hills and Colorado.

Mike
Nights camped '14: 51 '15: 134 '16: 149 '17: 171

N9ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
rbq

We drove about an hour & half from Salt Lake to a place called Vernon Reservoir. Found a place to set down & started to get the trailer leveled. Put some boards down & put the truck in park & got out to check the level & found that the truck & trailer were going backwards. Jumped back in & noticed that the gear light on the dash said it was in reverse, but the gear shift was in park. Tried to get it to go to drive, but it wouldn't go. Blocked the wheels & threw a rug down & climbed under the truck. This is where you make sure that you are on good terms with the DW as I told her to firmly hold the brake pedal & I manually moved the linkage underneath to get it in drive with the truck running. At this point we decided the best thing to do was to go back home. Went back home & spent the weekend at home. Did have our 3 four year old granddaughters come over on Sunday night & we had camp driveway. It was fun. Took the truck back to the tranny shop that did the tranny in January. Ends up that there was a $4 clip that had come off that holds the linkage in place. They replaced that & what a great joy to get out of a repair for under $5. Now that is an honest shop. They didn't even charge me for the labor to check it out & put it back on.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #18

Roosevelt State Park Ga

We spent the weekend at Roosevelt State Park, Ga, went to Calloway Gardens, horseback riding and visited Providence Canyon Recreation Area.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF4679.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	31773   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4680.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	31774   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4681.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	31775  
howellma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #19

Quote:

Please tell your son that I said thank you!!!

We went to Kathryn Abbey Hannah Park in Jacksonville FL. This was our first out of state camping experience. Hannah Park was beautiful and the campground is less than a 1/4 of a mile from the beach.

God blessed me for my birthday Saturday with a beautiful sunrise and very comfortable temperatures.