Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #21

It still amazes me that there are people out there who still think these manufacturers are doing a great job with quality control management. The cost to rework these mistakes has to be enormous, but I think they are betting that many of us either ignore the problems or simply trade or sell these lemons to some other sucker.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #22

Not a solid 1 piece floor

What surprised me was that it does not appear to be one solid piece of floor in my coach. There appears to be 4 or 5 pieces laid down from front to rear. I can feel the seems when walking barefoot. I guess, this was a good thing in the bathroom as it only ruined about 2 or 3 feet of floor. There was a definate straight line break where the rot stopped and solid floor began. The DW and I have decided though that if anything else major goes, we will trade it off and replace it. Fingers crossed I don't have to take that bath.

Steve
oldcomputerwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
You opened up a (Can of Worms) by asking (On a F/R product)! All F/R Units do (NOT) use the same (Type/Makeup) of Floors,ask about (1) type at a time or this will be a (Runaway Train)! Your unit is (Vinyl/luan/Foam/luan) floor makeup? Youroo!!
It is Luan per the FR tech.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #24

YES, we have a 2009 Sabre by Palomino that the flooring under the dinning table slide sunk two years after we bought it. I just carry a jack and a 4x4 to support the floor when we travel and park for any length of time. It' made from chip board.
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:31 AM   #25
HikerBob

Send a message via MSN to HikerBob Send a message via Yahoo to HikerBob Send a message via Skype™ to HikerBob
Our 2011 Rockwood MiniLite etc 181 has the same problem in the entryway above the fresh water tank. The problem seems to be the spacing of floor joists - too far apart. I don't see anyway to add a support there, as the water tank is right up against the floor. If it's compression, then there's nothing but replacement, and that's out of the question from a cost standpoint.
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino