Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #1

Solaire 307qbdsk thoughts?

Anyone own a Solaire 307qbdsk? We are looking at purchasing this trailer next season and would love to hear any feedback you could share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #2

We do! We love it. We have had it since July 2013 and we've put about 10k on it over 1.5 summers, and about 50 nights. It was our first trailer together, my first trailer ever. The layout works great for our family. It's easy enough to clean. The value for dollar seemed to beat many others out there (we got the eclipse package for the upgraded mattress, the rock guard and the cool lights LoL). We have had some minor issue with it, but nothing that our dealer wasn't happy to fix, and nothing that was out of the ordinary. We've been through a couple of storms that had me concerned that we were on our way to Oz, and no leaks. Hubby says it's nice to tow. I winterize it on my own because everything is easy to get to. It also gets lots of compliments in the campgrounds! The only thing we've replaced so far is the crappy tv mount, but maybe this year's model has improved. The RVQ quality isn't what I would choose on my own, but it's an ultralite so I guess some things have to give. Oh, and I wish there was a "hall closet" kind of deal. We use one of the master closets as a shoe and coat closet, which is fine for us because we aren't really clothes horse types and I tend to pack only the basics. It's a great family layout. Our daughter and her friends can hang out in her room and it gives her a bit of privacy. Anything specific that you're wondering about?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
snskovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #3

Oh, one other drawback. Our family of three can barely manage a long weekend with no water or sewer hookups. I would have hoped that the tanks would be bigger for the number of people the trailer can sleep.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #4

Thank you very much for your thorough reply. What do you use to tow this unit with? I can certainly see how it would be difficult to make it through a weekend with the smaller tanks (I'm guessing the smaller tanks are to keep weight down). Would you purchase another Solaire in the future?

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #5

Hi Chris, we tow with a 2013 GMC 1/2 ton with the 5.3L engine (I think) and factory tow package. Our towing capacity is 9500 lbs so even if we ever were full, the 307 "fits" with quite a bit of weight to spare. We've taken it over Roger's Pass to the Okanagan in BC, down to Montana, over to Washington and back up to the Canadian Rockies with no issues through any of the mountain passes. Yes, I think we would buy another one, or at least start there.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by snskovacs View Post
Hi Chris, we tow with a 2013 GMC 1/2 ton with the 5.3L engine (I think) and factory tow package. Our towing capacity is 9500 lbs so even if we ever were full, the 307 "fits" with quite a bit of weight to spare. We've taken it over Roger's Pass to the Okanagan in BC, down to Montana, over to Washington and back up to the Canadian Rockies with no issues through any of the mountain passes. Yes, I think we would buy another one, or at least start there.

What hitch are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #7

Yikes, I don't know. It's big! I can't remember the name of the stabilizer bars but it's the standard stuff for a trailer that size. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful with that part of your question.