Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #21

Sorry to hear this. does the storage lot have to pay for damage? or does it fall upon you.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trell View Post
Sorry to hear this. does the storage lot have to pay for damage? or does it fall upon you.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I have to look for the contract I signed but I'm sure they claim 0 liability. The door can be repaired, I just wish they would have used the stupid zipper rather than take a utility knife to the cover as it made a nice arch in the fiberglass where they cut it. I feel sick about that.

One follow-up question: I have to drive it ~60 miles to my dealer for the repair. Do you all think it's ok to drive without that window? I'm afraid anything I do to cover it will blow off on the freeway.

punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
(Kim)

I see people driving around with missing car windows and plastic taped over it to keep out the elements; some look like they have been driving around like that for a very long time, probably don't have the extra money to get it fixed.
I would try taping plastic over it. 60 miles is still 60 miles.
Duct tape works miracles

Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #24

I know you are going to have to take it to the dealer for the fiberglass fix. But have you tried to contact a glass company that replaces house and car windows? I am wondering if they might be cheaper than a dealer? Just in case something like this happens to me. Had a trailer next to mine that someone tried to break into few weeks ago. I discovered it while checking on mine. The owner of the lot when I called him about it said he drives by and looks at them all everyday and never noticed it.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4 View Post
I know you are going to have to take it to the dealer for the fiberglass fix. But have you tried to contact a glass company that replaces house and car windows? I am wondering if they might be cheaper than a dealer? Just in case something like this happens to me. Had a trailer next to mine that someone tried to break into few weeks ago. I discovered it while checking on mine. The owner of the lot when I called him about it said he drives by and looks at them all everyday and never noticed it.
You're right, I've found the door glass on line, both plain and decorative for maybe 30-50 and very easy to install with two piece frame, bout 15 minutes.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #26

punkaccountant - was this in FL? Our storage lot had about that many break-ins recently. My TT was at dealer but still prompted me to install wildlife/trail camera to spy on trailer while in storage. At least I'll see who does what.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTJohn View Post
punkaccountant - was this in FL? Our storage lot had about that many break-ins recently. My TT was at dealer but still prompted me to install wildlife/trail camera to spy on trailer while in storage. At least I'll see who does what.
Not in FL...it was in Ohio. That's a good idea about the wildlife camera. I am planning to take it somewhere else and will seek out indoor storage somewhere. I am upset by the lot owner as about 6 weeks ago, upon returning our TT after a trip, I noticed broken glass in several places. He stated that the MH next to us had "dropped something". It turns out after speaking to the police that they had a series of break-ins then and the owner was deliberately keeping it from me. I confronted him about it and he made up a different conversation he had with me. Anyway, probably more than anyone wants to know but I am just upset about the whole situation so I am venting here. Sorry.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #28

hope the can catch the person who did it
Old 11-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #29

Very unfortunate.

Be careful with the tape. The red tape used in home construction holds really well however may leave residue that is hard to clean off. Suggest removing the frame and using it to hold the plastic in place, or as others recommended fix locally.

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #30

Get 4 signs stating "surveillance camera's in use" and duct tape them on each side of the cover. Other than that, move to a storage facility with them.

1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote