Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #21
Site Team

In motorcycle terms, we call all of this accessory addiction ....... "farkles"

Urban Dictionary: farkle

Maybe we need to come up with a similar term for RV'ers.

Maybe like FERVOR...Funding Every Recreational Vehicle Optional Refinement

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #22

Houston we might have a problem in here. I was checking in to see how everyone in doing. Alas have you noticed that sheripoms is MIA. She might have received so many packages she can't find her computer. Just saying

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #23

OH I am soooo happy I'm not the only one!
I almost brought a broom at walmart today for the camper, thank goodness I remembered I had already ordered one off Amazon for it. It was sitting on my doorstep when I got home from Walmart.. (shrinkable, expandable, pivoting broom) ahhh just what the camper ordered.
Sheripoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheripoms View Post
OH I am soooo happy I'm not the only one!
I almost brought a broom at walmart today for the camper, thank goodness I remembered I had already ordered one off Amazon for it. It was sitting on my doorstep when I got home from Walmart.. (shrinkable, expandable, pivoting broom) ahhh just what the camper ordered.
I got that same broom. It works great.

I also got a better paper towel holder, an under cabinet disposable plate dispenser, collapsible trash can, sliding pantry racks, and my newest addition of a multi spice holder:

I think you know your truly addicted, when you have more RV toilet paper in your camper, than regular TP in your house. I've been known to go to the RV and get things when I run out in the housse, since it's usually better stocked. Anybody else in this club?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #25
Denver, CO

AND in spite of buying everything in sight, the list just get longer and longer... It's a perfect storm.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

jwedell, you have just been slightly infected, listen to your elders, it WILL get a LOT worse as time goes on. It's like a skeeter bite, the more you scratch, the worse it gets or like poison ivy, you scratch it and it spreads. You've been infected and now you'll have to suffer the consequences.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #27

Wmtire ,, LOL,, I have to say that that broom rocks!!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #28

OHH and if Walmart and Amazon are not bad enough, everyone on here keeps talking about the Ford Ecoboost.. STOP IT!!! Now I wanna trade my new to me Tahoe in on one! Lord help me!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #29

I think DW has whatever you got, 3 Amazon boxes on the porch this week, I have to stop her, haha that'll never happen, how's that go happy wife happy camper life )
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #30

OH crap , I missed out on the collapsible trash can. I already brought a regular one.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I got that same broom. It works great.

I also got a better paper towel holder, an under cabinet disposable plate dispenser, collapsible trash can, sliding pantry racks, and my newest addition of a multi spice holder:

I think you know your truly addicted, when you have more RV toilet paper in your camper, than regular TP in your house. I've been known to go to the RV and get things when I run out in the housse, since it's usually better stocked. Anybody else in this club?
At one time I had 21 rolls of TP in the trailer and I camp solo & don't have any 'bathroom issues'.

I got a couple of packs of 4 rolls free from Camping World that I put in the under the booth storage and forgot about. I was also buying a 4-pack or RV TP every time I visited Wal-Mart. I can't remember the last time I brought TP for the trailer but it been many, many months for sure.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #32
Site Team

I probably shouldn't mention this, but one of the accessories that my camping friends always end up using when we cook, is my plate caddy's. I bought them off Amazon cheaper than the manufacturer's website. They work great, especially when your sitting in camping chairs around a campfire.

https://www.platecaddy.com/

Don't shoot the messenger, if you end spending some more money this weekend on a new package from the mailman.

Terie, it seems every time I am somewhere that sells RV stuff, I peruse the selections and buy a pack of RV toilet paper, if nothing else. I bet I have more than 21 rolls currently. LOL

Old 04-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #33

Wmtire,, how could you!!! And yes I did watch the whole video on it
Hmmm how many plate caddys do I need? LOL
Old 04-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheripoms View Post
Wmtire,, how could you!!! And yes I did watch the whole video on it
Hmmm how many plate caddys do I need? LOL
Amazon has them in 12 packs cheaper. However someone did say in the review section that they may not be the same though, as the ones in the 8 pack (which is what I have). I have seen this on Amazon before, that what they show is not necessarily the same thing as what you receive.

Amazon.com: Picnic Plate Caddy- set of 12: Kitchen & Dining

Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #35

Simple Solution: Buy stuff for me. All the HIGH of buying, none of the Buyer's Remorse. My Amazon Wish List will keep you busy.
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I probably shouldn't mention this, but one of the accessories that my camping friends always end up using when we cook, is my plate caddy's. I bought them off Amazon cheaper than the manufacturer's website. They work great, especially when your sitting in camping chairs around a campfire.

https://www.platecaddy.com/

Don't shoot the messenger, if you end spending some more money this weekend on a new package from the mailman.

Terie, it seems every time I am somewhere that sells RV stuff, I peruse the selections and buy a pack of RV toilet paper, if nothing else. I bet I have more than 21 rolls currently. LOL
In my case I think it came out to a two year+ supply. The supply was reduced quicker by using the less favorite rolls first. The Marine brand seems to last longer and has a better comfort feel to it.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #37

I hear this one my wife keeps telling me to stop but I keep finding things on here that I like for the camper then I go looking next thing I know the UPS man is dropping something on the doorstep. So far everything I've got once she sees it installed she likes.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #38

My DW and I have decided if we (mostly me lol) do buy something for the TT it had better be useful and practical. We don't want wasteful spending, as it will add weight, take up space, take away funds for camping trips and reducing gas mileage.

With that being said, today while still camping, we headed out to nearest Wally World. We bought a 4" memory foam topper (should've bought this when we bought our TT 2 yrs ago), additional 10' sewer hose with attachment, 12" SS frying pan, Blue-Ray DVD movie(The Hobbit, desolation of Smaug) and Easter stuff for my kid for this Sunday. First time for us celebrating Easter away from home. And yes everything got used or will be used, nothing wasteful, all items are practical

On another note we didn't hoard TPs like Terier did

Dave
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #39

So with all of the buying....what is the best thing you bought? I am new to owner a camper this year (we have a seasonal site) so I am always looking for new things to add to my piles!
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:11 AM   #40

Send a message via AIM to B and B
For me the best things are.
4 heavy rubber chocks
levelling boards
25' 30 amp extension
50' 30 amp extension
patio mat to cover the awning area ours is 10 by 24
water hose 200' (we camp at provincial parks hydro only water usually close by)
Plastic jerry cans for carrying water
Chairs with side tables
Level
Bal X Jocks

Brian
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper