Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #121
Minnesotan

No boxes today

[...but Amazon is AWESOME - especially if you have or get Amazon Prime. Amazon has everything RV (really!) and with the free 2 day shipping (and no sales tax ) you can't beat the price![/QUOTE]

It was a little depressing today when I got home and didn't have any boxes waiting. Then I reminded myself one will be coming tomorrow.
kaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #122
Minnesotan

Plate Caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Cool, would you post some pics of those, as I haven't seen them. Also, let me know if they serve your function well. Thanks.
They arrived yesterday. I attached a photo. It was hard to get a full shot with each color. I like the festive colors. Thus far I have only tested them at the dinner table at home, but I believe they will function nicely when sitting in a camp chair.

Katie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	51460  
kaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #123
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaschultz View Post
They arrived yesterday. I attached a photo. It was hard to get a full shot with each color. I like the festive colors. Thus far I have only tested them at the dinner table at home, but I believe they will function nicely when sitting in a camp chair.

Katie
Thanks for the update Katie. The colors do make it easier to differentiate which is who's.

Now it's all your fault if I have to get another set.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #124

I gotta start camping now!! Too many weekend trips to the store for "just one more" item!! Budget, we don't need no stinking budget!!! Container Store here I come!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #125

Yea- I guess I will attempt to install an inverter into our TV today. If anyone sees a mushroom cloud over Vegas, that would be DW for screwing up here truck!

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #126
Site Team

In the beginning I went crazy buying anything and everything. When I started being OK with everything not matching I knew I was on the way to healing. Coordinating colors tends to be a girl's thing. After a while it came more important to use some items I already had instead of buying new just to match.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #127

I thought the motorcycle aftermarket stuff was crazy until I bought a Travel Trailer. Holy cow. The RV Industry aftermarket stuff is endless.
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #128

I know I should not ask (cuz I'll go and buy one) but what are these I/R thermometers all about? What do you use them for?
Sheripoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheripoms View Post
I know I should not ask (cuz I'll go and buy one) but what are these I/R thermometers all about? What do you use them for?

Infrared thermometer. Basicly just point it at something and will tell you the temperature. Some campers like to see how hot their trailer brakes get. If I had one (and believe me I've resisted!) I would have it in a holster and would know the temp of every physical object around me!

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
Infrared thermometer. Basicly just point it at something and will tell you the temperature. Some campers like to see how hot their trailer brakes get. If I had one (and believe me I've resisted!) I would have it in a holster and would know the temp of every physical object around me!

^^^^^To funny Bro!
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #131
NELA

wmtire is picking one up for us today and I've already been thinking of things I can use it on....wondering if it'll work like those quick results ear thermometers nurses use.

point it at the dog
use it while making candy
point it at the fireplace in the winter
check the temp of air from the a/c vents
check the temp of the leather seats in our vehicles this summer before sitting down then crashing my head on the door frame flying back OUT of said vehicle

DARE DH to point it at me when he claims I'm having a "power surge" (no they're NOT hot flashes) when I complain it's too warm in the house.

I'm thinkin' I should go ahead and buy extra batteries for it.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #132

I just bought two CASES of RV tp but in my defense I am taking 3 teenagers to the Grand Canyon this summer and do not want to run out.
Perry Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #133
Take The Road Less Travld

I would point it at the wife from time to time to see how hot she is LOL!
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #134

Keep an eye out for harbor freight coupons in the paper, they have a coupon for the Laser IR thermometer for $37. Right now.
Also, can anyone tell me what a good set of food and water bowls are for our four legged babies (dogs), and how you keep them corralled at the campsite. I would appreciate any feed back from people who have been there done that.
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #135
NELA

We tried four different sets of metal bowls. Fred wouldn't go near them.

Then we tried this:

LunchBox Large - Heininger 3056 - Pet Bowls & Feeders - Camping World

Old 05-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #136
NELA

We don't corral Fred, per se. We keep him on his leash and/or a cable, the kind that is rubber covered, when we're outside with him.

He's never off leash and never outside unless we are also.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #137
NELA

happy happy happy, I am!

FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer Patterns with 20 Bags — QVC.com

just bought this and solved my addiction to sealing foods (especially sliced onions) for our RV fridge.

I can NOT live without my FoodSaver here at home. I buy lots of things in bulk and divide them up, seal them and freeze 'em.

BUT the full size sealer is not good for the RV. QVC has this hand held one on special today *with* easy pay. LOVE the size of this and I got it in my accent color....RED!

I do a lot of food prep during the week before we leave for a trip and this last time I put thin sliced onions in a Ziploc bag and put them in the RV fridge. Went out to the RV the next day, opened the fridge and YUK! Took it back inside the house and put the whole bag into seal-a-meal bag....no more onion stink in the RV fridge! But once I opened the seal-a-meal bag and used some of the onion I had to throw away the rest.

We take a lot of sliced ham (I buy Petit Jean Mt. hams and have them sliced at the meat market) which I have stored/frozen in sealed bags. But then once you open it while camping.....

We do a lot of grilling when we camp....I pre make and pre season the hamburger patties, dry-rub steaks, etc. Vacuum packing these meats draws the seasoning down into the meat.

And cheese! Can't live without my cheese!

Resealing left over hot dogs! Oh dear, QVC is now running a special on super-duper Kansas City Steak hot dogs!

Re-usable/re-sealable bags!

Runs on batteries or 110V.

I have SO been waiting for QVC to feature this useful gadget for the RV!

(he knows when he goes golfing on Sunday that I'll be gettin' my QVC fix!)

Old 05-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #138
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
wmtire is picking one up for us today and I've already been thinking of things I can use it on....wondering if it'll work like those quick results ear thermometers nurses use.
Technically, wmtire "has" picked you up one. It's now at the shop, drop by at your convenience.

I have had a similar temp gun like this for years, as we use it at the shop in checking temps on some vulcanization equipment we have. I started carrying it in the truck to check wheel/tire temps when traveling but my son seems to end up with it in his hands a lot.

What gets me is when I am on the computer or such and I see a red dot appearing on my daughters cat, which sleeps near the computer. I then have to really look around and make sure that the dot I am seeing is from the temp gun, and not from his air-soft rifle, which has a laser sight on it.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #139
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Technically, wmtire "has" picked you up one. It's now at the shop, drop by at your convenience.

I have had a similar temp gun like this for years, as we use it at the shop in checking temps on some vulcanization equipment we have. I started carrying it in the truck to check wheel/tire temps when traveling but my son seems to end up with it in his hands a lot.

What gets me is when I am on the computer or such and I see a red dot appearing on my daughters cat, which sleeps near the computer. I then have to really look around and make sure that the dot I am seeing is from the temp gun, and not from his air-soft rifle, which has a laser sight on it.
Sounds like the air rifle needs a new home or the owner enlightened as to the proper use of it.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #140

Thank you Weezer, the dog "lunch pail" looks like it will do the trick.
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper