Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #1

Something In The Woods......

While riding around the camp site in the golf cart I came across this. At first I thought it was a wavy stick or vine, but as I got out of the cart to take a closer look I saw It had a head. For some reason this stick caught my attention and I don't know why.....I walked backwards to my golf cart and left this SNAKE alone.....Beware of the woods while camping and keep an eye on your kids.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snake.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1775  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:02 PM   #2

Wow, what was it? I ran across one like this as a kid in eastern Washington on a fishing trip once. It was spanning the trail and I couldn't see either end of it. I had kicked it before I figured out it wasn't a stick. The hissing gave me pause to go the other way. Good thing I was wearing my cowboy boots. Since then I have never seen another one.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist

I'm glad you had the sense not to try to kill the snake. From the picture I'd say it was either a king or rat snake, both of which can be described as "God's Stealthy Little Vermin Trappers"...the more of these guys you have around, the fewer rats in the campground.

And the kids will stay closer to the trailer with somewhat less supervision once they come across a good sized snake like this guy.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #4

The head of the snake is in the gravel area of the pic, with out getting to close the head look like an arrow and had a very thin white stripe on each side starting at the out side corner of it's eyes. The skin was all black and very shinny. I do not know what kind of snake it is, but from what I understand an arrow shaped head means STAY A WAY.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote