Old 10-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #1

sorry to say the season had come to an end

Well folks, dont know where all of you are from, but our season has come to an end,,we are on a permanent site in Ohio and they closed for the season last weekend,,what a miserable week we had trying to close,,seemed like everytime we got the raindrops dry enough to cover up, here it came again...Hope that all of you that still have some camping left, have a great time and for the rest of us, we now sit and wait the next 6 months out...very impatiently I may add....

Old 10-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
Well folks, dont know where all of you are from, but our season has come to an end,,we are on a permanent site in Ohio and they closed for the season last weekend,,what a miserable week we had trying to close,,seemed like everytime we got the raindrops dry enough to cover up, here it came again...Hope that all of you that still have some camping left, have a great time and for the rest of us, we now sit and wait the next 6 months out...very impatiently I may add....
We are on a seasonal site as well, but our last week is Holloween. As of November 1st the water and electric will be turned off. I can leave my rig on the site all Winter but I am going back up on the 6th of November to pull it off and bring It home. We are already thinking about Spring and I have some new mods for the camper so that will help time go by faster.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #3

Just this weekend and the next. We are also an a seasonal thet closes Nov.1.
We will winterize next weekend. But the good news is we will be back the end of March 2010. This is a sad time for us because we look forward to the the weekend get away and will miss our friends who live to far away to visit.

Charlie
Old 10-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I just winterized this week.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #5

I REFUSE to call it a season!!!... oh wait, i'm lucky enough to be in FL.

But then again, the kids and school events are killin me... Just can't seem to get any free weekends!
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Grape Escape

Darn season is too short May till October for us but sure beats boating season or pool season here in Ontario. At least we can fully use our rig from May till October and when retirement comes along even better as it will last all year.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #7

Our seasonal site also shuts off electric and water on closing weekend..We are 2+ hrs away so covering the camper gives us a bit of added comfort, we arent always able to make the trip in the winter to check things out, so this works for us...Seasonal has its pros and cons as anything else..Never ready to close that final weekend though...We too are needing some mods, so the winter spell will be a nice time to plan and be ready in the spring...Wishing all of you a safe and happy holiday...Oh ya, and to all of you that can still camp,,,have a great time..
Old 10-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
bigdaddy1

I just one more time out in my bird.

2016 3850RL Cardinal
bigdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #9

We will go 1 more time and then shut it down. We keep ours in the driveway so I can work on it at any time or hide from the world which ever is most important.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
Enjoying Member

We are also fortunate to live in sunny Florida and refuse to stop for the season. However the rig is on it's way back to Indy for some major repairs under warranty (will post in another thread soon). When it arrives home we plan on using it as much as we have so far this year. We use ours a bit differently then most. We have a Wildwood XL Sport so it's sometimes a toyhauler but even then we use it to camp in once on location. We use it for regular trips with the Granddaughter and sometimes it's used to go to the motorcycle shows we promote and host/emcee. So our season here in FL is never done. We sometimes forget that everyone else has to stop riding their bikes and stop using their campers.

Nights Camped: 2013-15 2012-28 2011-16 2010-10 2009-30
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD w/trailer pkg 345HP 5.7 Hemi/5spd Auto/3.92 Rear
2008 Wildwood 23FLSRV - Prodigy Brake Controller - BlueOx WD Hitch
2011 Harley Electra-Glide Ultra Limited (His Bike) - 2005 V-Star 650 Classic (Her Bike)
ScottnKimmer is offline   Reply With Quote