Old 08-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Never ever leave your black tank dry.

We dont leave our grays dry either.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
TeresaInCAL

Ooooooooooooohhhhhh! Now I understand!

Read about the Geo method too...will do! THANK YOU!!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Unfortunately I think your on the hunt for the spider entry point yet.
Good luck
Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
NO! The water will stay in the p trap just with normal use. You don't have to do anything!
OK, so looks like I've got 2 issues here, not just 1. So, if there IS water in the p trap, there is probability no way the spiders could be coming UP from the drain.

So the question still stands...where are the spiders getting in from?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
TeresaInCAL

Turbo, yup...
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaInCAL
Turbo, yup...
There's a good chance a nest might have been brought in somehow . Via clothes or boxes.
Now the reason the may like the shower so well is the skylight. It provides great warmth.

Also when and if you do the geo method ( and you should)
Do it before you leave the campground if you can while everything is still wet and moist.

Ron
Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
TeresaInCAL

Thanks Ron.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #18

It is a little unusual that they kept coming back to the tub. Perhaps there was a nest/web in the drain (before the trap) and the water flow and tape took care of it.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #19

This makes my skin crawl! I HATE spiders! We had some around our fresh water inlet about a month ago. Hundreds upon hundreds of tiny baby spiders. We killed them all, then the next day there were a few more. We killed them, and so far we havn't seen them come back. But these were OUTSIDE. If they were inside I'd have to remove EVERYTHING and search out the mama. Without getting to the source, your problem will continue.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #20
TeresaInCAL

So I have an update on this problem. Recently, the spiders have come back, even though there is water in the black & gray tanks.

I had been reading a thread about how to quiet a pump using insulation, and our pump is loud, so I thought, sure, lets find the pump, and see what's up. Well, I thought the pump was under the back sink, there is a panel there that had to be unscrewed. So I take 2 screws off at the top and peek in, looking for the pump. What do I find? Not the pump, but more then 10 spider nests, each about the size of your thumb tip!! So I get the vacuum out (brought the Kirby from the house, I didn't want to miss any), vac up all the webs, and nests, never did see 1 spider of any size though. As I cleaned it all up, I noticed a pluming pipe, I believe it's a gray water pipe going through the floor, and it's just open all around it. At least 1/2 inch worth, and I believe this is just open to the underside of the camper, so it may be my entry point. Bought some foam sealer, and will get that sealed up tomorrow.
While I was at it, I also took the access panel off by the tub, mainly looking for spiders. Didn't find any, but I did find a few webs. Vacuumed that area up too.
Finally, I checked the panel under the fridge, BINGO water pump! Noticed there, that they did use the spray foam, to seal up one big hole, but there were 2 other small areas that they used some kind of black foam? Well this has come loose, and no longer plugs up the holes, so I'll spray foam them too. When I'm done with all of that, I'll put the pipe insulation in the lines, and see if it makes the area quieter.

Anyway, just wanted to share all this because I'm sure not everyone would even know they should check these areas for openings.

TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote