Originally Posted by Lookng4us
If it works please let me know. And how you did it
Well I finished with the painting of the hallway, reinstalling the refrigerator so I thought I'd attack the weak spot in the floor.
First I removed the toilet thinking it might be leaking but it wasn't. Then I thought I could force a rigid tube in between the luan and styrofoam to inject the expansion foam but there wasn't enough leverage to control it's direction. So I just cut a small hole in the vinyl to see if it was poor workmanship or rotted wood. It was rotted wood and to make matters worse, black mold
At this time I decided I needed to get on with the big fix so I cut away the hallway vinyl. I appears that the damage is centered around black water tank vent for about 3 feet. Looks like maybe at one time water was coming from the roof on the outside of the pipe and was able to get under the vinyl. When I had purchased the camper the vent caps were in bad shape.
Good news is the damage was dry so I will remediate the mold, remove the rotted luan, replace it and all the vinyl in the camper. This will however cause me to remove the carpet in the bedroom and replace it as well.
I will keep you appraised.