Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #21

Saw a you tube, "I love RV Life" . use Dryer sheets, rub the sheets folded around outside windows Jerry put sheets outside like mini flags. Says it has helped,no more bugs. We have tried it here at home on our screened in porch. Appears to work! We just bunched up and placed outside.
DR.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
any idea what was sprayed to get that protection?
I use Tempo made by Bayer you can get a small bottle of concentrate that make 2 gallons of spray to use in a garden sprayer
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #23

We have had a terrible problem here in WV with "lady bugs" for years now. The stink bugs just arrived for the last two years. Yea! Two pests to deal with. I found a spray that I used around our house to kill the lady bugs before they got in. Used spray on our previous camper also and seemed to help keep them mostly out of it. Hopefully this same spray will work on the stink bugs also. Couldn't find the same spray this year, but hopefully what I got will work as well. What I used before was an Enforcer brand, and it worked great.
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:45 AM   #24

Fight the Good Fight

We dealt with the little devils for five years with our old trailer, good and bad. This past week was our second trip (east Ohio) and there must have been a hatch. It was a bad as we have ever seen. We carry a gallon of Bayer insecticide and I went around the exterior and targeted them. This helped a lot along with the cool and darkening of the evening. Still had to chase a few down inside. The next day when we has sun in the afternoon they reappeared but in fewer numbers. I repeated my assault of the previous day and returned to our history with them by spraying the perimeter along the "sealed" underbody and the entry door thresholds. In the interior we are slow to use the spray. We buy the cheap dryer sheets, buck a box at Walmart, and use them liberally in closets and drawers. The jury is still out on rubbing the screens with the sheets. I have yet to try bagpipe music, that has worked with other pests.
andy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
They are a pain we have them where we live. Our camper had about a million of them one fall. (Filled a small bucket with them. We started leaving the camper in Myrtle Beach as they have not moved that far south ....yet ! :
I beg to differ, We live in S Louisiana, and they are here too. Last time I looked Louisiana was further south than S Carolina.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:52 AM   #26

There's a difference between Boxelder Bugs and Stink Bugs. Boxelder bugs look for light colors in the fall to find a warm place to stay for the winter. Spay a home pesticide on the southwest face of any structure end of September early October, NOW. This will repel them from entering your home and or trailer. We're in SE Lower Michigan and they can into anything if you let them. Ill be spaying both again today if the weather holds out. Google it, you'll find that the way the sun sets is what draws them into your structure.
'01 Exiss 300MT Weekender

A wife and two dogs, isn't that enough?
rclogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #27

We have a problem every winter with lady bugs, they look like lady but I think they are Asian lady bugs. Anyway they are around for awhile. Granddaughter catches them and lets them fly outside.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey41514 View Post
We just bought our camper it’s a 31ft with 3 slide outs. Took it out the week after 4th of July and everything was great. Took it home parked it and powered it up and opened up all 3 slides to clean it and get it ready for the next trip. October 5 2018 we take off for a weekend trip to Breaks International Park Virginia/Kentucky line. I get it leveled up and open all the slide to find a infestation of stink bugs. Any clue of what I can do to prevent this from happening. They where in every corner and storage compartments. It was a mess. We worked for hours clean again and airing out the camper.

Stink bugs are always around. We campers notice them most often when they are disturbed as when the crops are harvested. They really cause problems for the farmers. Lots of corn has just been harvested in our area and the stink bugs showed up the next day at the campground. When they do get inside, we gently catch them in TP and flush them into black tank.
Philandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #29

do you have to peel them first?

always be sincere even if you don't mean it
nrgilpin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs, camper