Old 09-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #11
Old White and Green Camper Brings Back Memories

Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I thought the retro trailers were exceeding well done and cool as hell. I think they were overpriced, but then again, so were a lot of them.

I saw a very small camper, like 19 or 20 feet, with NO slides and they wanted $33,600 for it. I'm like "That's Airstream money, but it ain't an Airstream." I wish I could remember who made it, I think it was a Lance.

On the whole, though, I must say that St. Louis has probably the WORST dealers in the nation. I won't name names, but I spoke with one about the new trailer we are going to get, and the guy acted like he had to take a poop really bad or something. He tried to disengage from the conversation twice, and I finally said, "Well, if you don't want to try to sell me a trailer, there is always someone else" and left him standing there.

The other dealer, which is one that I had such a bad (for them) experience with when I bought my Roo, exhibited such indifference that I even caught an eye-roll from the FR company rep standing there. After I found out the older guy was an FR rep, we had a lovely conversation about the Goshen rally and other things.

It seemed that EVERY single salesman from every company had the attitude that if you weren't looking at something in the $50k and up range, they did not want to even give you the time of day. I felt like they were afraid that if they took the time to talk to you, the were gonna miss out on the whale that was going to buy a $400K motorhome.

And they wonder why I buy from RVW.

When I was a kid, my dad bought an old camper like the white and green one shown in these pictures and dragged our family of three all the way from Florida to California and back. He pulled it with a 1953 Ford sedan and he welded a farm milk jug on the trailer tongue to carry extra water for driving across the deserts. It came in handy because the car's radiator would us up water like crazy. We went in mid-summer when it was so hot in Arizona that you had to close the windows to keep from getting burned. There was no AC in the car or the camper in those days.

hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:00 PM   #12
Dallas Show going on today ! !

Just wanted to say that my wife and I were very impressed by the Dallas Market Hall RV Show. Not going this year, but went the last two and bought a new unit while there. Only saw one mean salesman . . . most were friendly and very helpful. The Dallas show is going on today thru Sunday. If you're in the market, make the trip. Far bigger then the Ft. Worth show and lots of vendors too. September 15 - 18th.

texasbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #13
I have 2012 Georgetown 360 DS For Sale well kept contact me if interested

Dogpound is online now   Reply With Quote