Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2016, 10:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Just curious can't you just remove the tire ????? Don't understand what good this device is.......
I have locking lug nuts on the tires. Again they could get them off but it will take some effort and time.

Nothing much is going to stop a professional thief if they really want a vehicle or trailer. However from what I've seen many TT thefts are targets of opportunity where the person is looking for the easiest thing to grab. The stuff I have adds time to the theft and makes it more likely the thief will figure it isn't worth the effort.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:41 AM   #22

The best protection against a thief is good insurance. If a thief wants it bad enough he will get it, I just try to keep my stuff from walking off. I try to keep honest people honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
I have locking lug nuts on the tires. Again they could get them off but it will take some effort and time.

Nothing much is going to stop a professional thief if they really want a vehicle or trailer. However from what I've seen many TT thefts are targets of opportunity where the person is looking for the easiest thing to grab. The stuff I have adds time to the theft and makes it more likely the thief will figure it isn't worth the effort.

Agree on the easier targets

Don't put too much stock in locking lug nuts. The dealership forgot to put the DWs key back in the car. I went to a tire store to get her new tires. They got the locking lug off just as fast as the standard lug nuts.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #24

How come I can't be as lucky and have my fifth wheel stolen? Its the only way I can get DW to agree to a newer one.

I don't worry about theft much anymore. If a thief wants it, he'll get it.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #25

While I do have a lock on my kingpin, I'd rather a thief take the whole trailer vs. breaking into it. I do have insurance.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post

I highly recommend every trailer owner pick up one of these.

I had/still have one of these. Someone had tried to put their hitch ball underneath it then cinch the chains down to try to take my unit from storage. They had a half ton truck. They got about 6 inches before it fell off their hitch ball. I have almost 1k tongue weight so I am thinking their ass was on the ground. Took me a little while to straighten out the bottom of my jack tube.

Will definitely look into that proven lock

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
How come I can't be as lucky and have my fifth wheel stolen? Its the only way I can get DW to agree to a newer one.

I don't worry about theft much anymore. If a thief wants it, he'll get it.

Me too and truck to for that matter. I would sure love to have brand new camper and just think of the deal I would get, nothing to trade in. Also a dually, brand new, come on thief

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote