Old 11-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #21
I personally am way too lazy to bother with something between the plates or having to individually wrap glasses. It's even worse now that we're fulltiming. Most of my effort in life is to reduce setup/breakdown time.

ScootinGranny has the right product for cups. We use these for all of our cups and keep things organized:

As for plates, we use "nice" plastic plates and bowls. Depending on our mood, it's either our metal utensils or plastic.

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #22
I went to a salvation army (second hand store) and purchased a set of Cornelle dishes with the old non breakable coffee mugs. we have had them in our TT for 15 years, none broken. They are just set on a shelf liner and nothing in between them.

rke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #23
Too much weight . . .

We also use the rubberized shelf liner (from Walmart - looks a little like lace). For dishes and glasses, everything is plastic in one form or another. Corelle would be a good choice too. Standard earthenware or china are just too heavy for us. We save the weight for the cast iron ware.
NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #24
Corelle dishes work wonderfully

We keep paper plates handy but also like Corelle ware. There are lots of dinnerware racks available at RV stores that could work for you. A little creativity with cardboard boxes cut to size for your glasses or other breakable items might help too. Or if there is a quilter in the family or someone who likes to make things with that plastic fabric net, many storage solutions will come to mind. Customizing your rig is also a big part of the fun!
Richbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #25
Storing dishes

I agree with Corelle dishes. They offer beautiful patterns and the coffee mugs are good size and big handles easy for men to use. Plus the rubber lining on shelves. It's good to wash dishes to put gray water with soap in the gray water tank. So accomplishing two things at the same time.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #26
I too bought Correlle dishes. I have the Rubbermaid shell liner and got the Camco plate stackers. A couple of thick ceramic coffee cups. All plastic drinking glasses.

I put almost 11k on the trailer going up to Alaska and back. Not a single broken anything. I went over a stretch about 60 miles, gravel and potholes. When I got to the campground, every hanger in the closet, about 15, had bounced off the closet rod and were on the floor of the closet.

The plates, in the Camco dish stacker, we're fine and still in the place where I originally placed them.
johng4706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #27
We have traveled for 10 years with Corelle dishes and coffee mugs. Use rubber shelf liner. No broken dishes and they stay in place
KellyT330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #28
We had recently purchased new dishware for the house. The packaged dishes came with pieces of paper between the plates, bowls, etc. I saved those and use them between the dishware in the RV. If I need "extra filler" I use a piece of paper towel and crumble, or fold it up and slide it between the dishes or mugs. Quiet!
2012 Georgetown 360DS Fire Mist
2007 PT Cruiser Auto-stick (4 wheel tow)
Remco Trans Pump /Super Springs Sumo Springs
Blue Ox Tow System / U.S. Gear Unified Tow Brake
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #29
We use scoot gaurd on the shelf bottom, Stack 8 Corel plates on top of each other, same goes for Bowls, small lunch plate. Glasses just stacked in there too. Same with coffee cups. In the other cupboard the serving bowls and trays are just stacked. Nothing broken here. Did the same years ago with Mel Mack (nanoo nanoo) and they didnt break either.
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #30
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Not an issue, we just decided there are much better things to do besides washing dishes every meal.

Use the rubber liner on the shelf and then cut some to fit between every plate.
Glasses, I would use a paper towel between them and then wrap them in a towel before moving on.
We bought Melmac for this reason: Feels better but also keeps the weight down. This way we get the best of both worlds. We have paper around for when we have large numbers of people over. When it is me and the DW, or us and a couple of friends, we use the good stuff. In my wife's mind (and written in her voice) We Glamp, we do not Camp.

Welcome to camping! It is a great time everytime out.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 4X4
This is going to be a new adventure. 35 Days camping in 2015!!
ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote