Old 11-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
We bought a set of corelle dishes/bowls years ago for the trailer. Nothing has broken yet. Plastic glasses and regular coffee cups. Use a thin kind of rubbery shelf liner and things stay in place. I can't imaging adding all that plastic and paper to the landfills, but it sounds like the norm.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
+1 this is exactly what we do also. we really wanted the colorful melamine dishes instead of corelle, but not being able to microwave them was an issue for us. knock on wood no broken dishes yet. we have a rear kitchen, but we took the cabinet over the couch/axles for the dishes and that's been working fine for us.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #32

We use circle nonslip coasters in between the dishes/cups and keep cozies on the glasses. These prevent breakage and cuts down on the noise also.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #33

I made a template from 1/4" hardboard with circles cut out of it and placed it in the bottom of the dish cabinet. Our acrylic/plastic glasses and cups go rim down into the holes so they don't slide around. On the other side of the cabinet I made a divider with foam on it.(and thin foam on 3 walls of that side of the cabinet). Corelle dishes get stacked in the side with foam walls. the dishes can bounce around some but can't crash into the glasses and they seem to ride well. I haven't had a chance to use it much but when we make camp and open up the cabinet everything is in its place ready to be used. Cincia
Old 11-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenttotrailer View Post
Too much work...plastic plates, bowls and glasses. Each stack in the cupboarb sits on rubber liners so it wont move. makes nice ads and looks nice at an RV show to use nice china but who needs the added issues. Especially when you are putting a hotdog, hamburger or corn the cob on it...not French gourmet cooking...called camping for a reason.

Kevin
X-2.....
Old 11-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlafond View Post
As I mentioned earlier in a previous post, we just purchased our first RV. Here's my newest question. How do you store plates and glasses while driving so they don't rattle and break inside of the cupboards? We rented a C Class last Fall and they had these slick little dividers that were attached inside of the cupboards that the plates fit into and one for bowls etc. Just wondering what you do with yours.
You will need rubber non-skid shelf liner to keep things from sliding around on the wood "floors" in the cupboards. Like what you might put under a throw rug to keep it from sliding around on the floor. (You may need that too!)
Old 11-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #36
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenttotrailer View Post
Especially when you are putting a hotdog, hamburger or corn the cob on it...not French gourmet cooking...called camping for a reason.
Not all of us are "camping".
Old 11-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Not all of us are "camping".
Plastic plates ≠ French gourmet cooking. Also sometimes it rains. Also sometimes food is really sticky and gooey - especially nice runny baked beans!
Old 11-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #38

Storing dishes

My wife purchases some inexpensive cloth containers that look like boxes. They keep everything in place including folded clothes.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #39

Marshmallows go on a stick, and empty beer cans in the recycling, no need for anything else...lol...we carry real plates, cups, and bowls but have never used them. Only use paper plates and plastic cups.
abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #40
Another adventure awaits!

We use corelle also ... My husband, who ate with paper plates and plastic utensils for 9 mths while serving in Afghanistan, won't even entertain the thought of eating with paper or plastic. Use the non-sliding rubber mats, spring loaded bars inside the cupboard doors ... Also sometimes use soft pillows inside to stop things from moving around ... Nothing broken yet ... Knock on wood

Tags
travel