Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Ok, it appears I am out numbered, so here is my information
JimBob,
Zipdee,TX
40 foot Teton
1929 model A pickup Tow Vehicle
- nice try on trying to be funny.

windrider - you have a valid point -
I agree
if nothing else is put in the signature I think atleast the trailer info should be put in so if a question is asked we can give a correct info if it petains to OP's trailer in question.
- I have seen many questions asked about what seems to be on a particular model but the model is not even mentioned - I answer alot of questions and got tired of asking for TT or vehicle info so I just skip those over now amd let someone else ask
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #22
Site Team

If someone is seeking help it would be helpful to provide the necessary information either in a post or signature.

How much information is provided is up to the original poster and how much help is given is up to individual reader.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #23

reply by donn;

"Ok, it appears I am out numbered, so here is my information
JimBob,
Zipdee,TX
40 foot Teton
1929 model A pickup Tow Vehicle"
===========================
I am at a loss why anyone would post something so unhelpful.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #24

My 2¢

This is a public forum. Making "regulations" for what personal information people NEED to share is wrong.

OTOH, if a poster asks a question, etc, they need to understand that we members are NOT mind readers. We need to know details to give intelligent answers. Forcing members to ask for those details wastes everyone's time.

I'm sure that "poster education" will be more useful than "regulations" in the long run.

FWIW

Oh yeah... That's why we are here, isn't it?

John
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #25

crocus. How does someones preference for not wanting to give additional information deem them as obnoxious? I think rockwood06 is correct. I enjoy this forum and the people on it and if I am seeking information about my RV I will certainly try to give sufficient information as to the unit and what my question might be.
Michigan-traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan-traveler View Post
How does someones preference for not wanting to give additional information deem them as obnoxious?
In my short time as a member I have noticed a few members who seem to be at constant odds with multiple others and seem to post just to pick a fight. it's almost as if they cannot find enough neutral ground to even agree to disagree. I also have to remind myself that we are only seeing the written word and not the most important part of human conversation which is body language, emotion and tone of voice.
I challenge all of us to voice our opinions, read others and after a few moments or hours come back and re-read the entire posting with an open and objective mind. If we can do this we will learn that part of every post and opinion has merit. Then will become better people both as individuals and as a whole.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Anyone who isn't willing to share a few details on themselves on a forum like this, simply doesn't need to be here. Not much of a spirit of helpful sharing by that guy.
Who are you to tell someone else who chooses NOT to give any information about themselves that they don't need to be here. I don't give much, if any, information about myself either. I'm a private person but I'm willing to help anyone if/when I can. I'm just not going to put my personal information for the world to see either. I just can't believe the arrogance of some people. If ya get mad at me so be it, I don't really care. Your comment just really fired me up.

@donn: Good job on the reply. I got it.
LunaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Back to windrider's original post, information on the tow vehicle, camper, or motor home would be good. But it is not required to be a member here.....it is everyone's personal preference. For those that choose not to post at least the vehicle and camper information, then that may inhibit some helpful information in the future.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote