Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2860DS question

I posted this on another forum also, so I hope no one minds.
Just a quick question, we looked a a Sunseeker 2860DS yesterday. We like the floorplan and layout and just wanted some info from current owners. We noticed the bedroom slide was out a little farther at the bottom than the top (~1/4"), was told that because it was driven from the bottom, it was for a tight closure/seal when closed. I also looked at the FG roof which I like, but noticed the seam/trim on the roof at the edge and wanted to know if this caused puddling or poor drainage.
Freelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #2

I have never measured, but my past trailers and the Sunseeker slides all looked as if the bottom came out just a little more than the top.

I do believe I get a little ponding on the roof though I haven't checked out the cause. When it has rained over night, I can get up and walk toward the front and I hear water suddenly running off where I have now caused the trailer to lean toward the front. I just got mine used about 2 months ago and have not checked the seams, but plan to do it soon and re-caulk anything that might need it. With a full fiberglass roof, I am not as concerned about a little ponding as long as I keep the Dicor caulking in good shape.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #3

Thank you, gmacklem. I've post this on two forums and as you can see you're the only one who has given any info.
Freelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #4

You're welcome. BTW, I washed my RV this weekend and was up on a ladder doing the roof and noticed that the front corners where the roof meets the front fiberglass cap both held water. I had the RV sloped slightly downhill so the water ran toward the front. So I will definitely keep an eye on those seams and make sure they stay well sealed. I think watching for cracks in the sealant and hitting it with the lap seal when needed should prevent water intrusion.

Tags
sunseeker