Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou
Herk7769's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,383
Originally Posted by bes View Post
Hey guys; Very new to the idea of plugging our coach in. We have dry camped with our TT and our FR3......that being said what is the difference/what do I need not to fry our systems by plugging into unknown current in the campground? I have no problem spending the money for the EMS if it is something we really need. It seems Progressive Industries is the favorite on the board? When I plug in at home (120v) will either of these units be useful--or even needed. THANKS Barry
Don't ignore a slightly more expensive option. An Autotransformer will provide all the benefits of a Progressive type unit with the added benefit of boosting low (that would cause a shutdown) voltage at the campground and making it safe for you to use.

It has saved more than one camping trip for us by allowing us to safely run our air conditioner when others were shutting down due to overheated compressors.

I personally like these: Voltage Booster


Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

electric, electrical

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.