Old 03-09-2016, 09:18 PM   #11

Thank you OC. I was thinking that. If it gets to my dad's house for to long he will be offering air bags off his flat beds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-09-2016, 09:19 PM   #12

arp-I've been reading the thread you started. I was planning on replacing the tires this spring, but before we went on vacation last fall I noticed the right rear tire was all of a suddenly worn on the outer edge like yours. I keep a close eye on tire pressure so that wasn't the problem. I'm wondering if the spring bushings are worn can it cause abnormal tire wear.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #13

Check the front on other side and if it is wearing you have the same issue I had. I haven't heard of any going bad from others. I think the rubber can get more compressed than the other on the type I had. Never heard of the others failing.
I think I will puts shocks on mine as time goes on. But my tire symptoms were the front passenger out side tread and the drivers side rear axle tire out side thread to be gone. The other tires showed no issues. It was the same tires or situation both times for me.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:52 PM   #14

The only tire that had abnormal wear was the right rear. What type and size rig do you have?
Old 03-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #15

2010 cedar creek silver back 29 RE. 5th wheel. About 35'. I caught mine both times on the passenger side by the steps. Easy to see some thing was not right. Hope that helps. Could measure axle to axle on both sides. Hopefully a loose wheel bearing. All mine were very loose the first time I checked.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #16

Well, hopefully the rest of your trip goes well.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:25 PM   #17

Hondo reread your first post. This camper had a brochure about the wet kit. It wasn't on it. The two years ago contacted lippert and Dexter about my problem. Bought new springs cause I wasn't sure and upgraded to wet system (greaseable). The bushings were brass instead of plastic and shackles twice as thick. Think lippert knock some off on price for shackle kit springs were about $100 for me that time. Not sure if that is the normal for 4 springs or they knocked the price down. Dexter sold me the equalizers for half price. Did great till this trip. I think the one you are looking at getting are better than Dexter. I would have put them on but my memory is that the set of them was about $400. The solid I put on was $50. It's piece of my mind and I don't have that money to spend right now. I just went what I have seen on trailers my whole life and not have problems with tire wear. I understand their purpose for smoother ride and wouldn't be scared to try another brand or style. I think shocks would do the same but I am not a suspension expert.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #18

Thank you it will. I could have gamble to try to make it home and fix. But the experience on the forum I knew the real possibility of a blow out and other damage. I changed the other 2 tires on camper so I now have good tires on it for a couple of years. It might have cost me a day of travel total for me. Good tires, good suspension, I am happy. It's just an issue I ran into. This camper has a thermostat that they didn't even use a year according to a tech. $400 to upgrade it but the frost sensor was the only thing bad. Everything has its quirks and everyone does not want the same thing.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:57 PM   #19

Balance your tires first. Hardly anyone does this. Out of balance tires create an enormous amount of wear.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba964 View Post
Balance your tires first. Hardly anyone does this. Out of balance tires create an enormous amount of wear.
You are correct. The tires I had put on in 2010 were balanced and the ones I had put on last fall were also.

Tags
suspension, upgrade