Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #1

SV294 Television - store it or leave on swivel?

We have the SV294 (and love it!). It has the swiveling TV cabinet for the bedroom and kitchen area. Currently we take the TV down every time to store it between trips. I'm afraid the rumble of the road will wear out the mounting screw threads over time. Am I being too paranoid? Do you just leave yours up on the mount?

If you take the TV down each time, what do you store it in? I still have the original box the TV came in. But I am always looking to reduce the size of everything we carry.

Thanks!
ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #2

i never remove ours but it is not mounted in a swivel cabinet.If you think there could be a problem leaving it mounted then just for the peace of mind i would remove it
Old 08-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #3

is yours on a flat screen wall mount bracket?

I'm not so much worried about the cabinet as I am about where screws meet wood for the bracket. Since I have had plumbing fixtures shake loose over time I figure the hardware in flimsy camper cabinets would do the same.
ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #4

No it is mounted on a piece of wood it kinda sits in a corner so i have put bolts and nuts on it to hold the bracket on the wood and television slips over this bracket
Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

ours has a locking mechanism to hold it secure while traveling . if you notice closely at the bottom of the bracket you can see a heavy pin and a pull tether to release it .
Click image for larger version

Name:	tvmount2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	7718
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote