Switched tumblers in ch751 compartment lock
After reading on here how every camper uses the ch751 compartment key I was going to buy a new lock. I decided to take the old one out first to see how difficult it would be to change the tumblers. Turns out to be pretty simple. I bought a blank key at the hardware store for a dollar and switched the position of the tumblers. Next I inserted the key and noted which tumblers stuck up and marked the blank key and filed it accordingly. It took me longer to drive to the store for the blank key than to change the lock. I took the key I made to the store and had them make a duplicate and now have two keys and the ch751 no longer works on mine. Total price of this mod: $1 minus the fun I had doing it = a great time. It was fun working with tiny lightweight stuff at a table. Seems like most of the time I'm working on large, heavy and dirty things that hurt the back.