Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
When I call Dish to have them turn on my receiver I can request local channels. As doc73 mentioned it cuts off local channels at home. I found this out the hard way. We came home from camping and my wife sat down to enjoy a weeks worth of recorded soap operas. There were none because they came on local home channels. To say she was not happy is an understatement.
We sold our home and only have the Hopper in the RV to be concerned about. Like you, the DW likes to have her soaps recorded. That is why I have to change my service address every time we move. On days that we travel, there is no daytime recording, but she can often find one of her soaps on TVGN later in the day. That is, if I can find a hole in the trees. Yesterday, I struck out. No view of the eastern or western arc satellites. LOL!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #42
Who Dares, Wins

I will have to look but I downloaded a program to screen capture the Internet shows when we are home. I save them on the laptop and play them on the TV when we have no service from satellite or WiFi. Only used it a few times so still learning. It does work great for the tablet and the 2 year old's Disney shows for the long rides.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #43

I use Dish Pointer Pro