Old 01-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
If you cut all the power off it will have to re start. I have mine set to update about 5am... The receiver is turned off in the morning but there is still power so a re start is not necessary. When I am dry camping and not running the generator ro inverter power is lost and I have to re start the sat seach. Since I am in one location for a few weeks I usually will switch to my manual dish so I don't have to go through the setup all the time..
I should add that even with the manual dish there is a reset process but without the sat aiming. Just less wear and tear when powering off the system several times a day when dry camping...

Old 01-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Receiver is always "on" even when turned off

Old 01-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #13

True, unless power is cut like unplugged or total loss of power then the reset process starts again. With a Tailgator that means switch check, sat aiming and program download each time...
Old 01-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #14

Ok here is the latest, reset updates to 5pm est. So when it did updates it Did ask to either do them or continue to watch live tv...I said to do them and it did go through switch check, aiming then back to live tv. So I still plan to check with tech's and may Replace 211z.
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #15

I have the same set up and I turn it off when not in use. No problem when turning it back on. My issue with Dish is getting it set up after a lapse in service. We don't use it if the GC we are at has good cable. We will have it off for a couple of months and when I restart service it is a major hassle. Always two or three calls to get it right. I would think you have an issue with the box or you are losing power to the dish itself. Do you run your cable through the cable TV hook up or did you run a coax direct to the box. I had issues with the FR installed coax with picture quality and losing power. I drilled a hole in my basement and ran a coax to the box. Much better.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I have the same set up and I turn it off when not in use. No problem when turning it back on. My issue with Dish is getting it set up after a lapse in service. We don't use it if the GC we are at has good cable. We will have it off for a couple of months and when I restart service it is a major hassle. Always two or three calls to get it right. I would think you have an issue with the box or you are losing power to the dish itself. Do you run your cable through the cable TV hook up or did you run a coax direct to the box. I had issues with the FR installed coax with picture quality and losing power. I drilled a hole in my basement and ran a coax to the box. Much better.
We don't have Any problems with coax in the coach....with either Dish, cable, or even air tv. TV works perfect. We do have a buddy that did drill in the back if his 32.5 and install and connector because of FR cable. Anyway we will Keep Checking. ...
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
We don't have Any problems with coax in the coach....with either Dish, cable, or even air tv. TV works perfect. We do have a buddy that did drill in the back if his 32.5 and install and connector because of FR cable. Anyway we will Keep Checking. ...
We don't have any problem using the FR coax for cable tv. it works fine. The coax powers your dish so that is why I ran a line direct to the dish from the receiver. I think that the Tailgater is the only one that gets power from through the coax.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:01 PM   #18

We have the same set up. Don 't press the top red power button or you will have to run through the set up all over again. We just use the bottom red button marked tv and do not ever have a problem. If the power goes off, then you will have to set up again.

By aqll means, have the box checked out by a tech person is this keeps happening.