Old 01-28-2015, 03:07 PM   #1

Tailgater & Dish 211z Receiver

Hey Everyone ,
I have a few questions......First- I like to know who is using this setup?? Second - Has anyone had this problem, you setup the complete system and after you have HDTV you say go to dinner and turn everything off. Then when you come back the system is completely off....just like you first got to camp and you have go through the whole thing again scan, acquiring single, downloading guide. I talked to Dish and had me Disable Sleep mode..didn't help. When we purchased tailgater at the Tampa Super show Dish said may be in it (tailgater) so we got replacement, but still had the problem but was going to wait till next trip and check well we are on next trip and still have it. So wanted to check with you all.......thanks for any help or comments

plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:28 PM   #2

Yes, I have this exact setup plus DVR. When you say 'turn everything off' are you turning off the 211Z? If so then that is your problem.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:02 PM   #3

I also have the same set up and the only time I have to reset it is if I unplug the receiver or the tailgater gets moved. Also when it gets updates it has to be reset. You can schedule what time it updates to your convenience
Old 01-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
Yes, I have this exact setup plus DVR. When you say 'turn everything off' are you turning off the 211Z? If so then that is your problem.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
If that were the case every time you turn off the receiver at home you would have to re-program. Turning off the receiver should not cause what you have. Sometimes if the tailgater is on the ground and something passes in front of it (car, people , etc.) it may lose lock on and re-program might have to be accomplished. I put mine on the roof for this issue. Have been using tailgater for 2 years (a lot) and have not had this issue. I do use the remote the same as at home.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #5

Ok first Thanks for the reply's......problem we have is if I leave the 211z On it goes off during the night and in the morning the green light is off...I am thinking the problem IS in the 211z. We plan to find the receipt and have a Dish tech check everything out when we get back home this weekend, I will keep everyone in the loop.
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
Ok first Thanks for the reply's......problem we have is if I leave the 211z On it goes off during the night and in the morning the green light is off...I am thinking the problem IS in the 211z. We plan to find the receipt and have a Dish tech check everything out when we get back home this weekend, I will keep everyone in the loop.
I leave mine on all night also. That's how I discovered the up dating process if the receiver is on it shuts down to update I scheduled it to update in the day time when I'm not usually watching it . Play with the setting to change the up date times.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:08 AM   #7

If you cut all the power off it will have to re start. I have mine set to update about 5am... The receiver is turned off in the morning but there is still power so a re start is not necessary. When I am dry camping and not running the generator ro inverter power is lost and I have to re start the sat seach. Since I am in one location for a few weeks I usually will switch to my manual dish so I don't have to go through the setup all the time..
Old 01-29-2015, 05:32 AM   #8

Went through the same deal with mine. If it hasn't been used for a while (and DISH has several updates and code pushes in the pipeline), it needs to go through several restart cycles to complete all the updates. And, it doesn't do them all at one time - they seem to have a very intermittent process to complete this.

I contacted tech support (instead of customer service) and asked if they knew of any new updates they were pushing to the boxes since the last time I had the box/dish up and running. At least this gave me a frame of reference for what to expect. Some of the software updates do take a while to fully complete, requiring several power/up down full cycles.

The thing that bothered me was that when updating, sometimes the box doesn't automatically come back up again, hence requiring a manual powering back up.

Not exactly an answer, but at least sharing my experience with it (I have a 211k).
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Same setup with no issues.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:33 AM   #10

Same Dish setup & haven't had this issue.

2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote