Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #1

Tank locations

I've asked before, but maybe some new folks with knowledge can answer. I have a 829GRSS Flagstaff and would like to know the percise location of the black,gray and fresh water tanks. Since the underbelly is covered and without removal it is really difficult to know just where these tanks are. I would like to know for weight distribution and some other mods I have in mind.

Thanks,

Paul B
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #2

Your black is going to be directly under the toilet as that's pretty much standard for RVs. The grey and fresh I have no idea about on your model. On mine the grey tanks (I have 2) are located 1 each under the galley and aft sink. My fresh tank is located at the rear of the trailer. The underbelly of my rig is covered as well but I've had the cover off for maint projects. All tanks are probably going to be centered between the frame.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
RAC

Fresh on the frame where your fill is....grey under shower...kitchen gray under sink
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #4

Thanks to all. If mine were directly under the toilet and the shower and where the fresh water fill is then mine are ALL behind the trailer axles!! Making for a really light tongue unless I kept all three tanks pretty much empty. I guess I will have to take the covering on the underbelly to see where they actually are.

I sure wish Forest River would make available better manuals or at least make their website such that we could look up this information.

Oh well

Paul B
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
RAC

I did see a load plan guide regarding that .....I want to say in the FR manual they recommend that you load 60-70% of "extra" weight forward of the axle.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
This probbly is a stupid idea, but why not crawl under and have someone add water to your fresh water tank, and then listen for the sound. Drain the tub and listen for the sound, and flush a tank full and listen for that sound. Should give you a close approximation, wouldn't it?

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #7

our fresh tank is centered bewteeen the two axles...but the fill is way forward by the water heater
the shower is forward just under the bathroom and the kitchen tank is just forward of the kitchen and the black is between the two greys