Old 02-02-2016, 08:56 PM   #11

Not to sound like a Jerk, but go to the IRS Site it lays it out plain as day.. If you can use this site you can use the IRS site. That way you don't get conflicting information
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1454464574385.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	98817  

Old 02-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #12

Also if you read the paragraphs above the main home section it clearly states the type of homes, trailers or similar property that have sleeping, cooking, and toilet facilities...

Old 02-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayax23 View Post
Not to sound like a Jerk, but go to the IRS Site it lays it out plain as day.. If you can use this site you can use the IRS site. That way you don't get conflicting information
X2. Enough already about "tax professionals" highly overrated. This stuff is not rocket science. Look it up at IRS.gov, after all you paid for them to build the site so you can use it. Copy the pertinent pages for your own reference. Most people think doing your taxes is difficult, they make you believe you need them, because if they ever do simplify the code, think how many are out of work. They, collectively (tax attorneys, CPA's etc.) are the biggest lobby against reform. They even have their own lobbyists that fight simplification when that topic rears it's head, sad but true.
There are a few general rules that apply here, any questions on whats confusing after you read up on it, PM me, i'll point you in the right direction.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #14
Site Team

This is the form I use. Makes my takes really simple.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #15
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
This is the form I use. Makes my takes really simple.

Funny cos it's pretty close to the truth...wait...

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #16

I am not a tax expert, but I believe the thinking is that "you have to live somewhere" so if you are not in your home, then you are in the rv. If not the rv, then you will be home.
This is the general idea.....hotels are another variable depending on reason for.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:01 PM   #17

Davidg did you look at the pic from the IRS it clearly says you do not have to use the home during the year.. Guys please read and if you can't read then get a tax professional.. This stuff is not hard at all you guys are making it way worse than what it is....
Old 02-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #18

Well Mr ray ax, nope, I didn't read the sign. I was just joining a discussion, and yes, you do sound like a jerk.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #19
Oklahoma Proud

Op.
If camper is a business expense, you should be able to set it up on depreciation, just like equipment. I believe you could use the interest as a business expense as well as the tag and taxes.
This is comming from a current and former business owner, but we have only used the camper for personal use, but deduct the interest like a home mortgage.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:48 PM   #20
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:

Quote:
Davidg did you look at the pic from the IRS it clearly says you do not have to use the home during the year.. Guys please read and if you can't read then get a tax professional.. This stuff is not hard at all you guys are making it way worse than what it is....
Good info!

Like stated before.... its not rocket science.

We use a cpa for our taxes. Its more than i want to do, since we have to do taxes for 2 businesses and he does our P&L's for us. Plus it is just too reasonable for what he charges, for me to worry about doing myself.

But the details about camper write offs is pretty straight forward.(or at least it seems that way to me)