Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2016, 03:37 PM   #1

Television Help

When I bought my 26RR and did the walk through the television was set up and it was capable of getting 7 or 8 local channels. Once I left the dealership I have not been able to get another channel to play. I reprogrammed the TV set turned the antenna booster on an off to no avail. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Other campers around me say they are at least getting local news channel. I am perplexed at the moment.
AJAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAbbott View Post
When I bought my 26RR and did the walk through the television was set up and it was capable of getting 7 or 8 local channels. Once I left the dealership I have not been able to get another channel to play. I reprogrammed the TV set turned the antenna booster on an off to no avail. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Other campers around me say they are at least getting local news channel. I am perplexed at the moment.

If you have a manual antenna, have you pointed it toward the source of the tv signals?

Most of the OTA stations in Jacksonville, FL originate from the Kilarney Shores/St. Johns Town Center area. Point your antenna in that direction and try a re-scan.

You should be able to pick up as many as 46 OTA digital stations.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:48 PM   #3

No manual antenna

I do not have a manual antenna, I wish I did! My old RV had one you had to raise and lower and could turn it in circles to find the sweet spot.
The one I have now is a little flying saucer thing that sticks up about 10-12 inches.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #4

Quote:
I do not have a manual antenna, I wish I did! My old RV had one you had to raise and lower and could turn it in circles to find the sweet spot.
The one I have now is a little flying saucer thing that sticks up about 10-12 inches.
I have the same one. It is weak, to put it nicely.

At home I can get 25+ channels when re-programming the tv. A park I go to some 30 miles away, eh, After reprogramming the tv, on one end of the park I can get the major stations. On the other end of the park I get no major stations. The only constant is that the church stations come in no matter where I am.

I have reflected on this but think I am just paranoid.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I have the same one. It is weak, to put it nicely.

At home I can get 25+ channels when re-programming the tv. A park I go to some 30 miles away, eh, After reprogramming the tv, on one end of the park I can get the major stations. On the other end of the park I get no major stations. The only constant is that the church stations come in no matter where I am.

I have reflected on this but think I am just paranoid.

Yup....those "fixed" antennas suck!!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #6

No reception on stock antenna.

My view...they are worthless in a real camping situation. I have a 2016 Grey Wolf 24RK and I will be replacing the antenna with a King Jack OA8200 as soon as it quits raining. (East Texas)
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #7

Inexpensive Solutions

Any ideas how to cheaply fix.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:13 PM   #8

Quote:

King Jack antenna (with built in booster and signal finder) or a regular old crank up antenna. Both should fit in the original footprint on the roof. Just make sure to clean residue and reseal thoroughly.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
I camped in the bad end of the park and my neighbor was using one of these. You have to have an outdoor tripod to use it but it worked well for him. I do not know how he ran the antenna cable to the inside as he had his tv outside.

Check Amazon reviews of the SKY 1666. Good luck with your money and choice and research your options. This is not the only pebble on the beach...

HDTV Rotor Remote Outdoor Amplified Antenna 360° UHF/VHF/FM HD TV 150 Miles - Walmart.com
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #10
Site Team

I have one of these. They easily out perform the stock Chinese one that FR is using however, they are mostly plastic and not very weatherproof, but if you only use the TV occasionally it will work fine

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
television