Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #1

Question tell me about v-lite?

I'm totally new to forums ~ not even sure how to check responses - but here goes. We are considering buying a 2008 v-lite 30rls. What do we need to know? What are the pros & cons? FYI - we're not new campers, but new to travel trailers. We've had folddowns and hybrids for over 30 yrs.
Jingletrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingletrine View Post
I'm totally new to forums ~ not even sure how to check responses - but here goes. We are considering buying a 2008 v-lite 30rls. What do we need to know? What are the pros & cons? FYI - we're not new campers, but new to travel trailers. We've had folddowns and hybrids for over 30 yrs.

WE just love our V lite so much room. Pros would be the V shape for towing. Ours is 1500 lbs heavier then our 26 ft but husband says he gets the same or better mileage. The look is unique as they make the same model with a flat end. Right now a dealer told us they are cheap to them out on the market. Cons i have not found any really. Folks do not like it has a small gas tank for the oven , hot water and heater and i have heard folks complain.

Right now our DVD player is not working but i hope that can be fixed.

If you are buying new and can wait you can order from a wholesaler and get way cheaper. WE used Capitol RV wholesalers in Elkhart. There are 2 others that folks have used. They will deliver it to you or you can pick up.

If you want more info or pictures check my blog and you will see ours.

irv2.com National rally... Dundee, Ohio
June14-20, 2009
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #3

We love our V-lite also. Like Toshiba, we also have had problems with the sound system- (surround sound quit) they replaced the radio receiver unit (Concertone v 600), and it works great now. I would like the holding tanks to be larger, but then again, it wouldn't be a V- LITE!! It pulls well, although a bit heavy for my Hemi Dodge Ram, and it has many automatic features... Awning, water heater, refridgerator, Slides are very large, and motorized- not hydraulic, as others are. TV is H.D. digital, and on the air antenna picks up many many stations perfectly. Also, TV works on battery power! I haven't seen very many others that will do that!! Anyway, I highly recommend them. GOOD LUCK, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote