Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Camping Crazy

Tell us about your dealer.

I have found most people don't hesitate to complain when they have a bad experience, but rarely compliment when they have a good one.
I purchased my Columbus 325RL from Hunter Freeman at All Seasons RV in Muskegon Michigan in January of this year. The entire process was done by phone and email as they are about 250 miles from my house, and Hunter made the whole thing easy and seamless. When I arrived early on a Friday morning they were completely ready for me. They pulled my truck in one side of the building to do the hitch installation and my new Columbus was inside and ready for the PDI. They spent about three hours with me going over the unit and answered every question, which were many. The service tech was outstanding. I noticed a small tear in the seal of the outside kitchen, not only did he repair it right then he also ordered me a new one and had it sent to my house, and it arrived three days later. I would highly recommend All Seasons RV and Hunter Freeman to anyone looking to buy a new RV. They sell and ship RV'S to just about anywhere in the US and Canada. By the way I also got the best price I was able to find and the unit that I wanted, I did not have to settle for something that was close. Rated 10+.
2013 Columbus 325RL

columbusfan325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
DDC

You are right people don't lay out compliments often enough. We have an excellent dealer just a few miles down the road up the hill round the corner and two more miles, we have purchased four new trailers from them over the years and although we have looked elsewhere we still end up back to where trust and good service is always available.
Can-Am RV Centre 6068 Colonel Talbot Road, London, ON
They are also experts on hitches and you can read Andy Thomson's column in RV Lifestyle magazine.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Love My Sunseeker

If you need a repair and you are near Chehalis, WA, Uhlman RV is good! I have been to them four times and I was only charged for ONE of the repairs. The other three they didn't charge me for. Let's see, the first one was my tank heaters came unattached, it was Christmas Eve, they were the only ones open, and they re-attached my tank heaters and didn't charge. Second one was a water drip in my bathroom, they did a small fix and didn't charge. I can't remember the third one. The one I was charged for was a warranty, and it went fine. Oh yeah. They also have a great RV parts and supplies section. If you end up getting a "freebie" from them, at least buy something from their RV supplies section. That is what I did.

Oh, when I purchased my new Sunseeker 6 months ago, I tried to give them the sale as a "thank you," but they only deal with USED Forest River RV's, not new ones. But, one of their sales people put me in touch with another dealer that I was able to order my RV from.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #4

We purchased our Sabre in sig from Freedom RV in Slinger WI. We also bought our previous Jayco TT from them. Excellent Dealership! Very friendly, knowledgable and helpful staff. No pressure at all. Gary's main concern is that you're a happy and satisfied customer. When we did PDI on the Sabre the service tech knew we had a camper before (he did the PDI on our Jayco) but said he was going to go through everything in detail anyway because that's the way he does it. Gave us his business card and said to call him anytime with questions or concerns. There was no construction dust/debris anywhere. Even the ceiling light lenses were clean.

When they delivered our Sabre to our seasonal site they backed it into our site trying to keep it parallel with our existing deck. The driver did a great job but he wasn't satisfied because he thought the front was about an inch closer to the deck than the back. I told him it really didn't bother me, it's only an inch. Nope, it bothered him so he got it right. They helped level and hook up everything before they left. And yes I did give them a tip, they certainly deserved it. I have recommended Freedom RV to several people and wouldn't hesitate buying from them again.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #5

We just this week bought our second Surveyor from Country Roads RV in Lexington, NC. We are so lucky to have them just 23 miles from our home. They carry a big inventory of Forest River products, and they just recently opened a fabulous new service center with a full-time parts department guy.

These folks have always treated us right, from the sales process through service. We've gotten fair prices, and the service has been fabulous. Several times the service guys have talked us through a problem over the phone. They have also accommodated us by allowing us to stop by the service department on the way out of town to get a small repair issue corrected while we waited. They also have Saturday morning service hours.

I have to assume all of their customers are treated like this because we haven't really spent mega-bucks with them the way we would have with a fifth wheel or motor home. I think it says something when a customer gets first-class treatment, even when he buys a moderately priced item. I know that kind of business will keep me coming back.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #6

I bought our first pop up at Campkins RV north of Whitby Ontario. I traded it in and bought a Wildcat Sterling Touring package from them.

The service was great with both units and they fixed up any small factory issues no questions asked. Campkins' staff is always accommodating and ready to answer your questions.

The pricing is always fair and they are not going to ask you what you want to pay. They post the prices on the web site. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking. You can go and wander the lot and get help or not as you wish.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #7

Can't say anything good about my local dealer here in South La, but I can say good things about Ricky's RV Repair in Sevierville, TN. Me and the wife were on our honeymoon last October and our bathroom vent cover was broken and had quite the hole in it. We were staying at Two Rivers RV Resort (very nice by the way) and they recommended Rickys. I called them and gave them my camper info, he said he would check if they had the cover and call me back. He called back within 30 minutes and said he had one but already sent out his road guys so he had no one to send out before the afternoon. He told me there was rain in the forecast and he said he would talk to his manager and see if he could pull a shop hand to send to us to make the repair. Within an hour they were there with a ladder(my 5'er does not have one)and swapped out the vent cover. Friendly, professional and fast service is what we experienced form Ricky's RV Repair in Sevierville.
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #8

I have nothing but good to say about The Great Outdoors RV in Evans, CO. Have bought three units from them now and had all of them serviced there. The do a great deal on the purchase and their service has been great.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #9

We bought our Flagstaff fifth wheel from Coates RV, just north of Minneapolis. We live about 450 miles north of them, in Canada, and they were simply awesome to deal with. Everything up to the date of pickup went super smooth, and they provided all of the information we needed for a flawless transaction. And they were just as cheap as the wholesalers.
When we showed up a day early, the sales manager stayed after closing so we could hand off the $28,000 in cash we had brought to pay for the camper. We returned the next morning, had our PDI, and on our way home in two hours.
I would recommend them for anyone within a day's drive of Minneapolis.
Check out their website, you will be impressed.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
Trailer Trash

There are PLENTY of good, bad and neutral reviews of dealers here. Start reading! Dealer Reviews - Forest River Forums

Word to the wise - if the dealer you are thinking of buying from does not have good reviews in this section, you may want to find a different dealer. OR at minimum, at least ask the members here 1st!
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #11

If you are ever at the Martinsville Speedway or in the area & have RV issues Econo RV on RT 220 N , Bassett, VA they are great!!!!!

Bought our 2nd Puma from them & no one could beat their price in the area...... They have several people buy from 5+ hours away & want to know how they can sell so low (I have seen that)... The down side is they only have 3 employees / one is their full time mechanic...

Have gone out of their way to help!!!!!

Sorry I can't recommend Country Roads in Lexington NC they were rude & their prices were too high.....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
We bought our Flagstaff fifth wheel from Coates RV, just north of Minneapolis. We live about 450 miles north of them, in Canada, and they were simply awesome to deal with. Everything up to the date of pickup went super smooth, and they provided all of the information we needed for a flawless transaction. And they were just as cheap as the wholesalers.
When we showed up a day early, the sales manager stayed after closing so we could hand off the $28,000 in cash we had brought to pay for the camper. We returned the next morning, had our PDI, and on our way home in two hours.
I would recommend them for anyone within a day's drive of Minneapolis.
Check out their website, you will be impressed.

Coats got some bad reviews - read on.............
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-mn-29226.html

There is good and bad in every business. Hopefully, you are on the good end.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #13

We are lucky to have 2 great dealers in our area. We Last year my parents, my cousin and us all bought our new campers at Pettibone RV in La Crescent MN. The owner isn't the greatest guy around, but everyone else that works there is top notch!! My parents and cousin will both agree with that. They even came out to the CG on Labor Day weekend to a warranty repair on our Grey Wolf when one of the outdoor speakers stopped working.

The other is FMB Trailer Sales in Holmen WI. My family has known both the current and former owners (all one family) for over 30 years. The owners (2 brothers) are both great guys and the entire staff is more than willing to help or answer any questions that anyone has. My parents have bought probably 10 campers from them over the years, and would have bought their current on there if but couldnt find a floor plan they liked in the Jayco line.
with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
PHS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Coats got some bad reviews - read on.............
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-mn-29226.html

There is good and bad in every business. Hopefully, you are on the good end.
2 complaints? And one didn't even buy from them?
I would imagine that most have a heck of a lot more than that.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #15

Several posts on the forums already on Cheyenne Camping Center in Walcott, IA. They are a great dealer and I have bought my last two fifth wheels from them. Their sales department is great and so is their service. They get a lot of people from all over the US and Canada purchasing from them. FRF member timeidson should actually be on his way there from Texas right now....

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-ia-35135.html
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My dealer "Tradewinds RV" in Clio Mi. is the worst dealer that I have ever seen. I won't go into any of the details again as they are on another post. I could never ever recommend this dealership to anybody. All they want is the sale when we the customer needs service is a whole other story. Part of the sale should be customer satisfaction,. I have heard this from others about this dealer as well. It is a shame that they are one of the few that sell my brand of camper.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Several posts on the forums already on Cheyenne Camping Center in Walcott, IA. They are a great dealer and I have bought my last two fifth wheels from them. Their sales department is great and so is their service. They get a lot of people from all over the US and Canada purchasing from them. FRF member timeidson should actually be on his way there from Texas right now....

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-ia-35135.html
X2 as mine was purchased there also. AND it's across the freeway from one of my favorite spots. Iowa 80 Truckstop - World's Largest Truckstop!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #18

we got ours at Hilmerson rv in Little Falls, mn they were great to work with. I would go back. They are an hour from the house. I could have shoped closer,but no one wanted to deal with me or give me what i wanted for my trade with out looking at it.
minnranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:17 AM   #19
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
My dealer "Tradewinds RV" in Clio Mi. is the worst dealer that I have ever seen. I won't go into any of the details again as they are on another post. I could never ever recommend this dealership to anybody. All they want is the sale when we the customer needs service is a whole other story. Part of the sale should be customer satisfaction,. I have heard this from others about this dealer as well. It is a shame that they are one of the few that sell my brand of camper.
I forgot to mention that this is actually Hamilton RV from Saginaw doing business as Tradewinds RV. I am going to pick up my camper on Wednesday which is exactly 2 months since I dropped it off for service. They still do not have the keys but I was told that they would drop them in the mail to me.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
We just this week bought our second Surveyor from Country Roads RV in Lexington, NC. We are so lucky to have them just 23 miles from our home. They carry a big inventory of Forest River products, and they just recently opened a fabulous new service center with a full-time parts department guy.

These folks have always treated us right, from the sales process through service. We've gotten fair prices, and the service has been fabulous. Several times the service guys have talked us through a problem over the phone. They have also accommodated us by allowing us to stop by the service department on the way out of town to get a small repair issue corrected while we waited. They also have Saturday morning service hours.

I have to assume all of their customers are treated like this because we haven't really spent mega-bucks with them the way we would have with a fifth wheel or motor home. I think it says something when a customer gets first-class treatment, even when he buys a moderately priced item. I know that kind of business will keep me coming back.
Here is an update on the service department: After the maiden voyage, we took the trailer in for a cable TV issue. Two days later they called us and said they had to order a "cable board" and would call us again when the part actually arrived.

I'm sure people like us who have just purchased a new camper get their service issues pushed to the front of the line, as they should, but I also really appreciate the call-back with the status of the work being done.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote