Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2010, 04:49 AM   #1

Temporary Canopies

I am seeing more and more campers using the 10x10 canopies for extra shade over picnic tables.
I am on my second one now, the first one was damaged from heavy rain, the cover to it had collected water and bent the legs.
The second one is constructed much better and will not hold water. The two I am talking about is the first one from Lowe's, it's called "Lawn And Garden Quick Shade Instant Canopy" The center supports for the roof are engineered between the legs in the middle, this allows water to collect at the the corners and puts pressure on the legs.
The second one I bought from good old Wal-Mart, It's called "Easy Up", great canopy, well constructed, and will not hold water. The roof supports are engineered from the center and are connected to the legs and this creates a bow for the roof which keeps the water moving and the cost for this one is around $100.00 buck, Lowe's price is a bit more......Just wanted to pass this on incase anyone once to buy one......
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:36 AM   #2

We have one of the ones from Walmart and love it. We also purchased the screens and solid flaps for it.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to jerr7
Quick shade makes 3 diff 10x10s one is $69 another priced hire .I bought the quick shade reg price was $159 at end season payed $89 this was better quality.Love it had 3 years and was in some heavt rains and it was no problem.I had the EZ up about 8 years ago and had hard time with frame.So it comes down to quality of the whole unit.material/ steel braces and frame .Thats why they sell good, better, best.
jerry
https://community.webshots.com/user/j...host=community
jerr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #4

Anchor it down good. And make sure your helper when you fold it up doesn't force to hard on it. The scissor like braces under the canopy brake very easy at the swivel points. We broke 1 folding it up. Other broke when it took flight. Now I have 2 more. So have 400 doll invested, but have some extra parts for next time one brakes. Good Luck with your.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #5

Here is a good site for pop-up shades, also have free shipping EZ Pop-Ups - golfoutletsusa.com - Golf Outlets of America
Old 08-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerr7 View Post
Quick shade makes 3 diff 10x10s one is $69 another priced hire .I bought the quick shade reg price was $159 at end season payed $89 this was better quality.Love it had 3 years and was in some heavt rains and it was no problem.I had the EZ up about 8 years ago and had hard time with frame.So it comes down to quality of the whole unit.material/ steel braces and frame .Thats why they sell good, better, best.
jerry
My Quick Shade was $149.99 at lowe's and that is the one that fell apart. It collected water on the corners and would not roll off because of where the supports were attached, in the middle of the frame and not to the legs and the other thing is that I think that the tent part had extra material along the seems which allow it to sag with no water on it. It seems to be a good product, but maybe I had a bad one.
The new "Easy Up" from Wal-Mart fits nice and tight and no chance of it holding water.
I guess the good thing that might come out if this is that for anyone else if you buy one for the first time as I did and not knowing how it is suppost to fit this might be a good learning experiance from me, if it sags and it's up correctly then take it back....Just trying to keep everyone else from wasting money.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #7

I've got one (10X13) that I bought at Big Lots about 4 years ago. I'm still using it. I've had to prop a broom under part of it once to help the rain run off, but it has held up really nice in some fair storm.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbait8 View Post
I've got one (10X13) that I bought at Big Lots about 4 years ago. I'm still using it. I've had to prop a broom under part of it once to help the rain run off, but it has held up really nice in some fair storm.
Did the broom come with it or was it extra........
Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #9

I had one and just like Bayou said it turns into a kite real fast scuffed it up a little but still using it