Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
If a site is marked for RVs or buses only they are clearly violating the rules and need to relocate.
Its a free country , just because you have more money and a bigger unit you should be treated different or better ?
Old 02-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
Its a free country , just because you have more money and a bigger unit you should be treated different or better ?
While it IS a free country, campgrounds are either private or government property and there are likely rules or policies that apply. If it is my campground, and I say only PUPs with no pups on specific sites, guess what, that’s what will happen. If a location says it only wants specific rigs on specific sites, who are you to say that they can’t do that? After all, it is a free country, and as long as their policies don’t violate local, state or federal laws, campgrounds, Wal-Marts, etc, can do what they want.
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
Old 02-16-2018, 07:03 AM   #43
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
If a site is clearly marked for a certain type of vehicle only, only that vehicle type should park there. If what you are driving doesn't fit the description, keep on moving.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
Old 02-16-2018, 07:38 AM   #44
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
If a site is clearly marked for a certain type of vehicle only, only that vehicle type should park there. If what you are driving doesn't fit the description, keep on moving.
Agreed.

And conversely, if the site isn't marked/reserved for a certain type of rig and you paid for the spot, park anything you want there, from a tricycle and a wagon to a Prevost. Just because you have a 46' unit, it doesn't give you anymore right to a site than one guy in a tent.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 02-16-2018, 07:41 AM   #45
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Agreed.

And conversely, if the site isn't marked/reserved for a certain type of rig and you paid for the spot, park anything you want there, from a tricycle and a wagon to a Prevost. Just because you have a 46' unit, it doesn't give you anymore right to a site than one guy in a tent.
X2

Old 02-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Agreed.

X3
Old 02-16-2018, 08:09 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
I don't tent camp so I wouldn't really KNOW, but I'm under the impression that tent campers look down upon us RV'ers and don't wish to be mixed in with us anyway... generally speaking of course. How many times have you heard "That's not camping!"?

A bit off topic... I once was criticized on another forum (when I had a tent trailer) when someone asked for recommendations for a campsite. I responded that Jellystone in the area was great. The poster stated that if it’s not a State park, it’s really not camping. When I looked at his profile, he had a 5th Wheel that was as long as a bus, sat dish and all. I had to laugh.. “was he really camping?”
Old 02-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #48
Insert witty title here

If you have heat, AC and indoor plumbing, you ARE NOT camping. You haul around a portable condo and park it semi wooded areas and pretend you are roughing it.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #49
I Break Everything

Park rules. If it's a first come first serve basis, take it. Don't worry about other people, right?

We rarely stay in state parks, which this is common. I investigate. I know we check in late quite a few times. I wouldn't want to come in to that situation a 10:00 at night.

It's an easy solution, check the park rules. Don't like it, don't go.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
Old 02-16-2018, 08:38 AM   #50

Quote:
So you think because someone either can't or doesn't want to buy a large camper gives you more of a right to a piece of prime camping real estate?

Pot meet kettle.
If you'll reread my post you'll see that I clearly state you have the right to whatever campsite you choose- so not sure what you're point is. You're arguing something I didn't even state. I also have the RIGHT to go around flipping people off, cursing people on a whim, not allow someone to pull out at a busy intersection and all sorts of things that generally would make me a jerk. We all have the RIGHT to make total a-holes out of ourselves- and some people insist on exercising it regularly. I've yet to meet anyone that didn't really appreciate it when someone considered them-especially a stranger- and sacrificed a little to help out another person. If we appreciate the thoughtfulness of others we should practice having that type of attitude ourselves.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:41 AM   #51

Quote:
If you have heat, AC and indoor plumbing, you ARE NOT camping. You haul around a portable condo and park it semi wooded areas and pretend you are roughing it.

So those times I tent camped with an extension cord powering a portable AC unit and a bucket for a toilet don't count as camping!
Old 02-16-2018, 08:46 AM   #52
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
So those times I tent camped with an extension cord powering a portable AC unit and a bucket for a toilet don't count as camping!
Nope

Old 02-16-2018, 08:51 AM   #53
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel68 View Post
Park rules. If it's a first come first serve basis, take it. Don't worry about other people, right?

We rarely stay in state parks, which this is common. I investigate. I know we check in late quite a few times. I wouldn't want to come in to that situation a 10:00 at night.

It's an easy solution, check the park rules. Don't like it, don't go.
I don't know that I'd want to say "don't worry about other people" because every circumstance is different and park rules change from place to place.

In the real world, you go to the office at check in (or made reservations and given information in advance) and assigned a site or a block of sites to choose from. Therefore, by having paid for the site, you are entitled to the one given you, or in the case of the choice of multiple sites, any one in the block of numbers allowed.

If at that point your human compassion kicks in and you decide to take a smaller site rather than the larger then great... BUT... if you decide to take the largest site, none of us have the right to question or condemn you for doing so. You have done absolutely NOTHING illegal or wrong.

The analogies of no compassion in today's world or buying chicken at Costco don't apply to this.
When was the last time you were at the mouth of your campsite, getting ready to pull/back in and two other campers pulled up at the exact same time, all vying for the same site? That's not the way it works and it's never happened to me in 50+ years of camping but if it did, I would think we all had our big boy pants on and could decide who was best suited for the site.

I'm done.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 02-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #54
Site Team

This thread is being closed as the majority of the recent posts are by members who have previously offered their opinions and are now more aggressively defending them causing a confrontational environment.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Closed Thread