Old 08-09-2016, 10:38 PM   #1

Thank you Forum friends

I just wanted to say THANKS for your help this week with my 27RKSS FR Wildwood. This forum has helped me know more about my camper this week than I have known since I bought it last October. First, I finally understand my hot water heater thanks to some kind replies. Second, my DVD player wouldn't play through my TV and someone encouraged me to take the thing off the wall and see if the cables were connected properly. Taking it off the wall was no problem at all and it turns out the dorky people at the factory hooked up the cables to the IN slots rather than the OUT slots. I'm thinking that my camper was built by a bunch of drunks on Monday, or by a bunch of folks who got in way too big a hurry to get it out the door. My next thread is going to be asking anyone if you have had as bad experiences with Camping World as I have. They may be a big company but I'm not impressed with them at all. Thanks for your help and kind replies. This is the best forum ever!

Old 08-09-2016, 10:55 PM   #2

From Day One, my TV sound wouldn't come through the stereo. I suspected wiring issues based on other folks threads. So I plugged a 1/4" patch cord between the headphone plug of the TV and the front "audio in" plug of the stereo. I lived that way for a season and a half. While camping this past week I noticed 3 of my 4 inside speakers were not working. So I pulled it out of the wall and found what you did - they'd hooked the audio RCA connectors to the output plugs instead of the input plugs. That solved that mystery.

Pulled the cover off one inoperable speaker and unscrewed it from the ceiling. It magically began working. Looked at the wire connections and they are CRAP. Unfortunately, I didn't have any connectors with me. And it's too hot this week to work on (I'm in storage). But once it cools down I'll be replacing EVERY connection between the stereo and the speakers (4 speakers x 4 connections each = 16). Plus I'll do the 4 connectors at the stereo for the outside speakers.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:18 AM   #3

Lodie,

I also have a 27RKSS. Interested in some know-how about the hot water heater. Being new to TT's I find it a bit counter-intuitive that the switch on the inside is to operate the hot water heater on gas but there's supposedly a switch outside if you want to run on electric.

* Exactly where is this switch to operate on electric?
* Any downside to operating on electric? More prone to blow fuses, etc?

Love the 27RKSS though. This is one of my lingering questions. Seems like it could be a good idea to run the hot water on the campground's dime instead of on mine with propane.

Seakayaker
seakayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakayaker View Post
Lodie,

I also have a 27RKSS. Interested in some know-how about the hot water heater. Being new to TT's I find it a bit counter-intuitive that the switch on the inside is to operate the hot water heater on gas but there's supposedly a switch outside if you want to run on electric.

Love the 27RKSS though. This is one of my lingering questions. Seems like it could be a good idea to run the hot water on the campground's dime instead of on mine with propane.

Seakayaker
There is a little black rocker switch in the lower left hand corner, it's hard to see, but once you find it, you'll know. Sometimes I have to run my hot water heater on Propane when hooked to CG electric, being If I start tripping the breaker, The water heater pulls like 12 amps and with the A/C on it could trip the breaker being your at max amps... PS: my unit is 30 amp.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:37 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakayaker View Post
Lodie,

Seakayaker
See if this detailed FAQ may help:

Suburban's electric switch and much more

Hypochondria is the only illness I don't have.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #6

Just a note, srart on propane and after you know there is water in the heater, then turn the electric switch on also. No water, electric on, equals burned up electrode. Running both will limit propane used and shorten recovery time. Electric alone will not heat fast enough to satisfy you. Hope this helps.

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #7

Different unit here but same set up. We use electric hot water as much as possible especially if as you say it's included it site rental charge. I leave the outside switch on and just use the breaker to turn the water heater on and off. We are 30 amp too and have no problem with air conditioning and electric for hot water but anything else will pop a breaker. I just turn the air off while I use a high draw item like microwave hair dryer coffee pot or toaster.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
nights camped 2015-89
2016 - 31
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodie View Post
I just wanted to say THANKS for your help this week with my 27RKSS FR Wildwood. This forum has helped me know more about my camper this week than I have known since I bought it last October. First, I finally understand my hot water heater thanks to some kind replies. Second, my DVD player wouldn't play through my TV and someone encouraged me to take the thing off the wall and see if the cables were connected properly. Taking it off the wall was no problem at all and it turns out the dorky people at the factory hooked up the cables to the IN slots rather than the OUT slots. I'm thinking that my camper was built by a bunch of drunks on Monday, or by a bunch of folks who got in way too big a hurry to get it out the door. My next thread is going to be asking anyone if you have had as bad experiences with Camping World as I have. They may be a big company but I'm not impressed with them at all. Thanks for your help and kind replies. This is the best forum ever!
Yeah, Me- negative Camping World experience TODAY! After I scheduled a service apptmt. about a month ago, I drove about 250 miles to get to Camping World in Valencia, CA.( I live in a rural area.) I stayed at a nearby campground last night. When I came in for my apptmt. this morning I was told, "we're really busy this afternoon, we can't look at or diagnose your issues to your RV for a couple of days, and then we might have to order parts which could be a couple more weeks." These "parts" are items they are advertising on the internet this week, or are common items in their huge store.