Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjsas View Post
Wow...those are great examples! Makes me feel more confident about buying Forest River (my 3rd unit). Maybe I'll make the trek from Colorado to the Rally sometime, even if I don't need repairs. Although I am watching the front cap of my 8289 now that everyone else seems to be getting the dents. I may be starting to see some appear as well.
If you do make sure you bring enough of that legal stuff your State Passed. I'm sure the stunt team would have a tasting instead of beer. Now those folks know how to party......
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
nuisance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 942
started out with only 3 very minor repairs needed. But when we got there we had a "hole" slew of them.
1. DH turned to sharp into a parking space next to a semi flatbed trailer, Hole in the side of the trailer...... had to have the hole repaired, the inside of the bathroom repaired. Walls fixed and replaced, Shower walls replaced and bath vanity replaced. The colored piece on the bottom of the unit repaired or replaced.

2. The inner and outer wheel bearing on the drivers side front went out, thanks to the towing company the rear axle and tire was ruined.

The ones that I did need first was seals on slide out reattached, the shroud on the bathroom fan replaced,the grill on the air conditioner replaced. Then found out the screen slider needed replaced.

Lippert checked out the axles, Had us go to their shop for the work, left with 2 new axles. Cost with 50% off labor and bogo on the axles $405.00

Stayed at the fairgrounds to take the unit to FR factory on Monday, They had a specialist come in to do the repairs. R and R the bathroom (factory specialists), R and R the outside wall (outside specialist) R and R the colored piece, reseal where needed, replaced the skirting over the wheels on both sides. Cost $1975.00 .
But I KNOW that it would have cost me over $5,000.00 with out FR to be their on our behalf.

But on the light side we have finally named out TT "The Wounded Wolf" and the truck is "The Predator" Got to have fun where you find it.
Thank you FR for all you have done and you have a family of FR owners for life.Looking forward to next year, Two of our kids might come with their pop-ups.!!!!
__________________

__________________
Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
started out with only 3 very minor repairs needed. But when we got there we had a "hole" slew of them.
1. DH turned to sharp into a parking space next to a semi flatbed trailer, Hole in the side of the trailer...... had to have the hole repaired, the inside of the bathroom repaired. Walls fixed and replaced, Shower walls replaced and bath vanity replaced. The colored piece on the bottom of the unit repaired or replaced.

2. The inner and outer wheel bearing on the drivers side front went out, thanks to the towing company the rear axle and tire was ruined.

The ones that I did need first was seals on slide out reattached, the shroud on the bathroom fan replaced,the grill on the air conditioner replaced. Then found out the screen slider needed replaced.

Lippert checked out the axles, Had us go to their shop for the work, left with 2 new axles. Cost with 50% off labor and bogo on the axles $405.00

Stayed at the fairgrounds to take the unit to FR factory on Monday, They had a specialist come in to do the repairs. R and R the bathroom (factory specialists), R and R the outside wall (outside specialist) R and R the colored piece, reseal where needed, replaced the skirting over the wheels on both sides. Cost $1975.00 .
But I KNOW that it would have cost me over $5,000.00 with out FR to be their on our behalf.

But on the light side we have finally named out TT "The Wounded Wolf" and the truck is "The Predator" Got to have fun where you find it.
Thank you FR for all you have done and you have a family of FR owners for life.Looking forward to next year, Two of our kids might come with their pop-ups.!!!!
I'm truly glad they got you back to square deb!
Be safe coming back here!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #14
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
started out with only 3 very minor repairs needed. But when we got there we had a "hole" slew of them.
1. DH turned to sharp into a parking space next to a semi flatbed trailer, Hole in the side of the trailer...... had to have the hole repaired, the inside of the bathroom repaired. Walls fixed and replaced, Shower walls replaced and bath vanity replaced. The colored piece on the bottom of the unit repaired or replaced.

2. The inner and outer wheel bearing on the drivers side front went out, thanks to the towing company the rear axle and tire was ruined.

The ones that I did need first was seals on slide out reattached, the shroud on the bathroom fan replaced,the grill on the air conditioner replaced. Then found out the screen slider needed replaced.

Lippert checked out the axles, Had us go to their shop for the work, left with 2 new axles. Cost with 50% off labor and bogo on the axles $405.00

Stayed at the fairgrounds to take the unit to FR factory on Monday, They had a specialist come in to do the repairs. R and R the bathroom (factory specialists), R and R the outside wall (outside specialist) R and R the colored piece, reseal where needed, replaced the skirting over the wheels on both sides. Cost $1975.00 .
But I KNOW that it would have cost me over $5,000.00 with out FR to be their on our behalf.

But on the light side we have finally named out TT "The Wounded Wolf" and the truck is "The Predator" Got to have fun where you find it.
Thank you FR for all you have done and you have a family of FR owners for life.Looking forward to next year, Two of our kids might come with their pop-ups.!!!!
Glad to hear you're all fixed up. Curious, was yours the rig with the duct-taped side across from the Service Center? If so we were just down the road and never realized it.

Edit: Opps, sorry for the hijack.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
tomjsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
If you do make sure you bring enough of that legal stuff your State Passed. I'm sure the stunt team would have a tasting instead of beer. Now those folks know how to party......
HA HA HA...might be a couple issues bringing those across state lines
__________________
Tom
Pull-Rite 16K Super 5th
2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289WS
2011 Chevy 2500HD - DuraMax (Just over 5000 miles now!)
Nights camped in 2014 - 21
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Rugged Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,098
Wow, what great stories and a great company who appear dedicated and demonstrated this by offering thousands of dollars of repairs to satisfied customers. If only I could avail of this opportunity. My problem is the thousands of miles between me and Goshen to make this annual trek. I have owned 6 RVs over the years, 2 or 3 of which have been FR products. I have only one item on my list and that is the front basement storage door on my 2011 Flagstaff 8528ckws fifth wheel, measuring 24" x 36". It sure would be nice if FR would ship one to me free of charge. I would install it myself. (hoping that a FR rep reads this post). With almost 6000 kms (3600miles) and a weeks driving, don't think I will ever avail of such luxuries. I guess i'll continue to pout and enjoy your great stories of satisfaction.

Edit: I forgot. I also need a new air mattress . The stitching has let go on the factory one and when I add air, it's just a big round bubble.
__________________
Terry/Bernadette
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 249
This was our 3rd goshen rally and luckily service list was short. However after having self adjustable brakes and bearings done at lippert for a great price I made the mistake of dropping 5th on the bed of the truck. Lost the tailgate and damaged the camper. Guy at lippert was great, he did a inspection of pin frame and made sure there was no structural damage. Then the Salem crew fixed my camper. Have had same crew all 3 years and they have been awesome. I am and always will be forest river for ever. Thanks Bob, Cindy, Leo, Mike and all volunteers truely a AWESOME company and event!!!
__________________
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 AM   #18
Member
 
SBx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 46
This was our first rally and we could not believe how great the Sierra/sandpiper crew was.
1. They replaced doors on a cabinet because of a scuff mark that had been there since day 1
2. They got the vent open in bathroom that had never opened and then installed vent covers we had purchased at vendors booth
3. Fixed drawer in bedroom and readjusted the sliding door
4. Had the floor repaired where refrigerator would not stay closed and everything fell into floor and left a noticeable ding.
Can't even see it now. I can't even find it now. Then dometic reps came by and figured out why the door would not stay
Closed when traveling. They fixed it with a washer and now no more clothespins on the latches. Yay!
5. Fixed chair straps in dining slide out.
6. Our toilet had been repaired at dealer 2 times, it decided to start leaking again midweek. We contacted Jeanie and the guys
Came back and replaced it and no more leaks
7. We too received the led bulbs

It felt like Christmas in August. The guys and Forest River are the best and we will be FROGS for good


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
SBx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
nuisance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Glad to hear you're all fixed up. Curious, was yours the rig with the duct-taped side across from the Service Center? If so we were just down the road and never realized it.

Edit: Opps, sorry for the hijack.

Sure was.
__________________
Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
iowaborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyED View Post
I made the mistake of dropping 5th on the bed of the truck. Lost the tailgate and damaged the camper.
My worst nightmare, sorry to hear it happened to you.
__________________

__________________
2013 F-250 CrewCab 6.7 PowerStroke 4X4
2014 8528RSWS
iowaborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forest river, repair, repairs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.