Old 08-15-2014, 03:30 AM   #1
Thanks Forest River for Repairs

Like to start out and say a BIG THANK YOU to Forest River, The Crews and without saying Bob and Cindy. I will start with the things that FR or partners repaired on my unit at no cost to me being an owner. There is alot to be said about a company that takes the extra step to help keep us safe and our units running and repaired. So I thought it would be interesting to find out what Members Received and the work that was done at the 3rd. Rally in Goshen to your units. Repairs made on my unit.
1) New slide roof installed (total roof removed and a new one installed)
2) Cap repaired Form Pads Installed and resealed for a dent
3) New hubs and breaks (more aggressive pads and bigger magnets) AlKO
4) All roof penetrations inspected and resealed where needed.
5) Sealed all penetrations in front locker for hydraulic hoses with form
6) Special pricing from FR/ lippert (level up system) installed at facory
7) Two new slide topper material from Dometic(sent to dealer to install)
I know of no other manufacturer that will do this free, others also have rally's but have to pay for all repairs at reduced cost. Makes no difference how old your FR unit is they do step up to the plate and do it free and try there best to make you happy. They probably saved me around $2000.00. So lets here what you got done in Goshen............. Best of all you get to meet the folks on this forum face to face, that's always fun.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:22 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou
Thanks for me too

BIG thanks to Al-Ko, Dometic, DICOR, and, of Course, FLAGSTAFF from Lou and Laura!

1) New EZ-Lube caps and centers - slinging grease on wheels -Al-Ko
2) New awning material and lubricated awning motor - Dometic
3) New side and front decals replaced due to "curling" - Flagstaff
4) "Help with mod for DW's medical issue" - Flagstaff
(unnamed Tech - you know who you are!)
5) Axle upgrade consult with Al-Ko engineers - Al-Ko (saved me a ton!)
6) Hub Caps to cover Al-Ko EZ-Lube caps and lug nuts - DICOR

Is this an awesome company, or what?

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
I also had a few repairs done they were a great bunch of techs and I am counting the days till next year great service and wonderful fellowship and a word of note to future attendees don't forget to be generous in the tip bucket for the hard working techs who spent extra hours away from their families just for us. I AM A FOREST RIVER CUSTOMER FOR LIFE and now a fan of all BH companies
liven life in east TN and wherever my
2011georgetown280ve, and
2016 fordexplorer and hemi RAM
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:55 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Ms Amy and I had a wonderful week!
My punch list was small but necessary.
Also a forest river for lifer!

1) lower bedroom slide seal fixed.

2) furnace heat duct issue fixed. "No air flow to main bedroom or bathroom"

3) outside fridge replaced due to a design flaw. "Door of fridge hit outside kitchen door support shock" they let me keep my old fridge.

4) kitchen drawer slide fixed.

5) re- caulked main bedroom flange.

6) front cubby door seal replaced.

7) 2 outside cubby door catches replaced.

and last but not least lou "herk7769" helped me install an hdmi cable from my main tv to my basement for my dish network receiver!

Wally my sabre tech was at my unit at 800 am Monday morning and didn't leave the trailer till around 100 pm when all the work was completed.

The best part was anytime a sabre rep or worker drove by they asked if I was happy and satisfied with all the repairs and if I had any other issues.
At one point there were 6 sabre reps and or workers at my sabre checking it over and chatting with me and Ms Amy!

Top notch !

Can't wait for the 7 new floor plans this fall!

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #5
Mod free 5er
Only had 3 items, the back cushions on couch pads were bad, awning motor bad and ceiling fan made noise when left on low for over an hour. Monday morning, folks from Flair were there @ 8am and removed the pads. Tues @ 8am they were back with new pads. Flagstaff techs came Wed morning and attempted to replace ceiling fan motor to no avail. After 2 hrs, they told us we'll be back. Thurs 8:00am they came back with a new complete fan, replaced it and then decided not to wait on Dometic to replace awning motor, so, with my help, they replaced the motor even tho' the techs had never done it. They performed great. Hats off to Bob, Cindy, Flagstaff and the techs.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Big thanks to my buddy at Sierra/Sandpiper!
*New rear stabilizer installed
*Flooring repaired in bunkhouse, Looks GREAT! - a rock under under the slide will do a number on the floor.
*Bulbs replaced in interior lights

2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 64
AquaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
Site Team
A huge thank you from us as well. The trip to Goshen was plagued with problems, but FR stepped up and addressed everyone of them.

1) Fridge died:

Just before leaving, our fridge quit working. I took it to the dealer on the Friday morning before, who said he couldn't do anything until he got approval from Dometic, so he wouldn't be able to do anything until we got back. Not having an existing service request, I put one as soon as the Service Center opened. On Wednesday Mike Stump got word of our situation, and within 2 hours had a new fridge installed as well as several apologies from them for having to deal with it despite my willingness to have followed the proper channels and wait my turn.

2) Taillight didn't work (sometimes):

One of my taillights had a loose connection. While at the dealer on the Friday before, they supposedly 'fixed' it by adjusting the contacts to make address the issue. It died again on the road to Goshen (Sorry, no left turn for you!). At the rally, they didn't even try to repair it. Just swapped it out with a shiny new taillight.

3) Range hood light was dim:

I never really considered this to be something broken, as it was always dim from the day we got it, so I thought it was meant as a nightlight. My wife mentioned it to the techs who were working on our unit. Don't know what they did, but now it's actually bright and lights up the stove.

4) Hot water wasn't working right on electric:

While at Goshen, sometime on Thursday, our hot water was only getting to lukewarm on electric. Put in another Service Request, as our original one was completed. Techs came out, diagnosed, and couldn't find anything wrong. So they replaced the element and the resetable high temp limits "Just in case". Hot water was working again, better than ever.

Definitely planning on being a FROG for life after this experience. While my dealer generally treats me well, FR's techs go above and beyond what I was expecting.

Edit: Almost forgot, I'd also like to thank the guys from Lippert. While not repairs, they were very efficient with:

1) Installing the JT Strongarms I purchased.
2) Installing the new Mattress we purchased and removing the old one.
3) Trying to install the wireless RV Lock we purchased, then restoring the old lock when we found the new lock wouldn't fit.

Also a top notch team.
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
Wow...impressive stuff guys. Gives me confidence in the new coach for the long term. Hopefully will see you all there next year!
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
Wow...those are great examples! Makes me feel more confident about buying Forest River (my 3rd unit). Maybe I'll make the trek from Colorado to the Rally sometime, even if I don't need repairs. Although I am watching the front cap of my 8289 now that everyone else seems to be getting the dents. I may be starting to see some appear as well.
Pull-Rite 16K Super 5th
2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289WS
2011 Chevy 2500HD - DuraMax (Just over 5000 miles now!)
Nights camped in 2014 - 21
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
GREAT posts! FR deserves and has *earned* these kudos!

Was just thinkin' "man I wish Ford would do something like this!" Sneak's one year old F250 seems to be a parking lot ding magnet.

He had the F250 for 3 years, not ONE ding on it...except for one little scratch on the back bumper rubber (not metal) that *I* did.

I especially am enjoying reading about those who had things repaired that went wonky AFTER they arrived. THAT is dedication to service X eleventy.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river, repair, repairs