Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaberdeen View Post
I love the planning, the tinkering with the trailer, seeing new places. I also like being part of the RV community which I am newly joined this year. I look forward to going to work and talking about the RV experience with co- workers.

Another big draw for me is giving my family experiences they will cherish. I remember camping with my parents growing up. Especially a trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon back in 1974.( hope to recreate that soon with my wife and children!). I think with the advent of cell phones, Internet, and instantaneous news we as a society have lost something in our busy lives. Camping and RV'ing allows me to slow down and smell the roses and get back to what's important.

I keep trying to write my own version but you really did say it best! Big X2!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2010 Ford Escape
loumichelle735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #42

defenetly the solitude. getting away from it all. the commute to work, house hold chores, bills lol it,s not the drive but the destination i look forward to.
muskoka01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #43

When I was a kid my parents had a pop up and when my wife and I got a hotel room that was less than desirable we started looking. We are now up to a 30 ft and we look at it as though it's a portable hotel suite, we know who cleans it so no more surprises and when we get to CG that doesn't suit us we don't go back. We moved up to the 30 ft with the idea of going south for the winter and I do like to drive so the trip is going to be enjoyed by me.