Old 04-30-2015, 12:21 PM   #11
I wax my Mini Lite twice a year with carnuba wax. Big believer in that type of wax. Inspect the roof everytime I have it in my driveway. Rockwood literature reccomends Spic and Span for roof. I also follow the literature for the awning. Rig looks great and I keep after any black streaks with the carnuba wax. Never have considered a cover and most inmy storage location do not use one.

Stlcaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #12
Just for the record, I always kept my 5er's and now my coach covered with the Adco Tyvek covers.

No complaints and a very easy to clean roof in the spring.

I don't like leaving anything exposed to the elements.

Like said before, make sure things like the rain spouts on the 5er's are covered with a tennis ball, bubble wrap or anything else you can think of, to protect the cover.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #13
I recently started to keep mine covered because the sun here will cause fading and decal cracking. It also keeps the sun from getting in and fading the fabric inside and keeps it cooler.

2015 Evo 2700
2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi
Evo2700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:40 PM   #14
We don't cover ours. Lucky to have it stored on the side of the house plus we live in S Calif. I like to go out there and just relax and maybe take a nap. Nice and quiet so don't want to deal with a cover. I keep it washed and waxed and any seams repaired asap. Love my little sideyard retreat!
wildwoodtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:41 PM   #15
does anyone cover only the skylights?
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:48 PM   #16
Also if moister get under the tarp or cover you will end up with a rig covered in mold. I seen this more than once.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:09 PM   #17
I started keeping the trailer covered about 2 years ago. That started when our then trailer, a 2009 Wilderness 26RKS, had been improperly built leaving out a 'bow' that connected the roof to the front cap. We, and actually no one else, had noticed the defect either, we later found out the part was not there and the rubber roof was just sitting there with goop and screws holding it but to nothing underneath. 2012, as I was getting it ready to go for the summer I found that over the winter water had gotten into that area of the roof to nose cap, frozen (we're in North Idaho) then as it thawed and melted the snow / rain flooded the cabinet over the bed and had run down through the wardrobe flooding the carpet in the bedroom. Some of the laminate on the cabinetry "ran" where water had sat there for a while. It did dry with no mold or frame damage just cosmetic damage and then we found out our extended warranty didn't cover roofing problems. We ultimately spent $1,100.00 to get the roof fixed, the missing bow installed but I wasn't going to chance that again and started using a cover. We had no other problems. Last fall we traded the Wilderness in on a 2015 Wildcat and we got one of the ADCO Tyvek covers for it. I know that none of the multitude of RV dealerships in the Coeur D'Alene and Spokane areas use covers, but I didn't want the hassle again. We are planning on putting up one of those metal RV covers, hopefully sooner than later or before we have to get a new cover, because I know the throw on covers don't last. We used to live in the Southern California desert and know all too well how the sun destroys interiors and exteriors!
Tdbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #18
I have a 12X20 foot tarp canopy with 8 legs for my 19' Shamrock 183... I have modified the legs to be 10 foot tall by using 10 foot metal electrical conduit available at HD. I have the top staked down using ratchet straps on both sides for protection against wind. This keeps the sun off the roof, most of the rain off the roof, and allows for air circulation on the top. I use a $60 heavy duty silver/white 14 X 20 tarp on the top of the canopy which needs replacing about every 18 months or so.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #19
My 2 cents, live where we get normally 5 feet of snow, so no covering during winter, as I go up and carefully with a plastic shovel get some off, but I keep it cover all the time during the summer months as most rv these days are made of GELCO and sun and rays are bad for the finish, hope this helps.
Claude002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 PM   #20
Always covered our trailer. It is left at the CG on Cape Cod all winter under the trees. Was always afraid of smaller branches coming down onto the roof and possibly scarring or tearing the roof membrane.Always left a window slightly open as well as a roof vent opened a bit. This allowed at least a little airflow.
Small price to pay for peace of mind.
IMO...You never see dealers with theirs covered because they want potential customers to be able to see the products. Kind of difficult showing a trailer if you have to keep putting covers on and off.

2015 Cedar Creek 38CK
jkeezer is offline   Reply With Quote

cover, storage